[Complete] The Return of Sherlock Holmes - m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Cori wrote:Here's Watson's chapter 7 -- https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/returnofsherlockholmes_watson_07.flac (18.20) :D
Lovely! I think Chapter 7 is now ready for editing! :thumbs:
Trotsa

Post by Trotsa »

This is still in Reader's wanted. Does that mean that you still need readers, even if you don't have any unasigned chapters? Just wondering... thank you!
Trotsa

[/size]I am an imperfect person loved by a PERFECT God.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Trotsa wrote:This is still in Reader's wanted. Does that mean that you still need readers, even if you don't have any unasigned chapters? Just wondering... thank you!
No, this book is "full" - look for one that has "open" as the first word in the subject line. Dramatic works all stay in the one area until completed.

For example, the Triumph of the Scarlet Pimpernel has "OPEN" at the front of it - we're looking for a few small part people and that one is gender neutral casting, so come over and have a look! (Hint, hint!)
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Chapter 7 is about to be ready for PL. :D :clap:

4 more!!!!! I won't be able to edit after the April 14, so it would be awesome if everyone could get all their lines in by April 10!
~Kim
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Peppersnoodles93 wrote:Chapter 7 is about to be ready for PL. :D :clap:
Excellent! :thumbs: I will PL this myself, as I've asked Savannah to concentrate on getting the Lestrade recordings done.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 7 is PL OK! :thumbs: Nicely done, and I love this story so I enjoyed listening again to Holmes and Watson in their little "burglary" adventure! ;)
Peppersnoodles93

Elizabby wrote:Chapter 7 is PL OK! :thumbs: Nicely done, and I love this story so I enjoyed listening again to Holmes and Watson in their little "burglary" adventure! ;)
Yeah, I know... that was so cute!!! haha.. I love how watson told holmes he couldn't go unless he went with him! HAHA. :D As if Holmes really would listen anyways...but he did and they had the grandest of adventures!
~Kim
Cori

Post by Cori »

I think that might be my favourite of all these adventures!

Here's https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/returnofsherlockholmes_watson_12.flac (16.42)
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Cori

Post by Cori »

And section 10 too, clocking in at a mere 15.29 :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/returnofsherlockholmes_watson_10.flac
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Cori wrote:And section 10 too, clocking in at a mere 15.29 :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/returnofsherlockholmes_watson_10.flac
Great! That's a relief actually, as I think this was one of Holmes' longer chapters so it should come out about the same overall!

Also Kim, I think chapter 12 is only missing "Susan" the female servant.
Peppersnoodles93

Hey Beth, I'm edit chapter 10 and got to the blue lined "Susan" character... can't seem to find that file. Any ideas on who recorded it?

Edit: just realized you somehow posted before me and told me that about 12...

But 10 needs Susan too... Do we have someone playing her?
~Kim
Peppersnoodles93

Woolybee, Sarah missing lines chapter 10 Mrs. Marker

MRS MARKER: "Yes, Mr. Holmes, it is as you say, sir. He does smoke something terrible. All day and sometimes all night, sir. I've seen that room of a morning—well, sir, you'd have thought it was a London fog. Poor young Mr. Smith, he was a smoker also, but not as bad as the professor. His health—well, I don't know that it's better nor worse for the smoking."

MRS MARKER: "Well, I don't know about that, sir."
MRS MARKER: "Well, he is variable. I'll say that for him."

MRS MARKER: "Well, you're out there, sir, as it happens, for he ate a remarkable big breakfast this morning. I don't know when I've known him make a better one, and he's ordered a good dish of cutlets for his lunch. I'm surprised myself, for since I came into that room yesterday and saw young Mr. Smith lying there on the floor, I couldn't bear to look at food. Well, it takes all sorts to make a world, and the professor hasn't let it take his appetite away."
~Kim
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Peppersnoodles93 wrote:Woolybee, Sarah missing lines chapter 10 Mrs. Marker
I'll PM her, as I doubt she is still watching this thread. Her part was recorded quite a while ago, but this must have been missed in the first round of PLing!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Peppersnoodles93 wrote:Hey Beth, I'm edit chapter 10 and got to the blue lined "Susan" character... can't seem to find that file. Any ideas on who recorded it?

Sorry, I must have got the chapter numbers mixed up - I was doing it out of my head without checking, which is never a good idea! :oops:

Savvy was originally going to read Susan, but I think I'd really rather let her concentrate on getting the Lestrade lines done, so how about you read it yourself and edit it in directly, and I'll check it when I do the final chapter PL? That way everything can move forward with minimal delays.
Peppersnoodles93

Elizabby wrote:
Peppersnoodles93 wrote:Hey Beth, I'm edit chapter 10 and got to the blue lined "Susan" character... can't seem to find that file. Any ideas on who recorded it?

Sorry, I must have got the chapter numbers mixed up - I was doing it out of my head without checking, which is never a good idea! :oops:

Savvy was originally going to read Susan, but I think I'd really rather let her concentrate on getting the Lestrade lines done, so how about you read it yourself and edit it in directly, and I'll check it when I do the final chapter PL? That way everything can move forward with minimal delays.
My thoughts exactly....I'll add them in. :D
~Kim