COMPLETE - Further Chronicles of Avonlea-Montgomery-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I've been through every open section and matched it back to reader claims/posts. I did find a few sections which had been posted in the thread, but not transferred to the MW. That means there are two new files in the MW ready for PLing.

Thank you to Abby and Kim for stepping in to PL the files on this project. Abby - I've updated the MW for your PL comments.

I will next go through the readers with open PL comments and PM them about making corrections.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

ElizaAnne,

Would you please address these PL Notes?
francesb wrote:Section 15: There is a lot of background noise throughout the recording. Would it be possible to remove this and resubmit it? It sounds like there are a lot of scuffles as if books are being moved near the mic or pages are being turned, something like that :) Thanks!!

Section 104: There is a lot of background noise in this as well. There is a lot of ruffling and a ringing noise in some parts. Your reading is very good, though!
Thank you.
MaryAnn

[Edited post and PM - didn't realized that she had two sections with PL notes. That's why I try to stay away from a laundry list of PL notes by section - too easy for a reader to miss that some of the comments relate to a section that he or she read.]
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

In that case, can I have the narration of sections 2 and 8? I'll also take silverquill's if that part gets orphaned.

I might as well do the Preface as well.

I want to get this into the catalogue, as it has quite a few stories of LM Mongomery's I've never heard!

(And you'll see in the thread that I've PLed Chester and Paul.)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Elizabby wrote:In that case, can I have the narration of sections 2 and 8?
Yes, MW updated.
Elizabby wrote:(And you'll see in the thread that I've PLed Chester and Paul.)
Ah, I missed that, but MW updated now.

I think that brings the MW current. :?:

Thanks Abby.
MaryAnn
sundayschild

Post by sundayschild »

Beth,
Thanks for the positive feedback on Paul.
I thought I posted Paul and Chester. I guess the mw hadn't been updated yet. I would have checked the previous posts but I just supposed that it was my mistake. (which would certainly not be unusual) :D
Piper
sundayschild

Post by sundayschild »

Elizabby wrote: I want to get this into the catalogue, as it has quite a few stories of LM Mongomery's I've never heard!
My thoughts exactly, therefore, could I please have Isabella Spencer (part 18)?
Piper
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Piper,
I've added you to the MW for section 18 - thanks for helping out.
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Elizabby wrote:I might as well do the Preface as well.
Sorry, I missed this earlier this afternoon, but have put you in for the Preface now as well.
MaryAnn
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

PL for section 66 Thyra Carewe:

At 04:08 the word is "changed" but it sounds like "hanged". Given the difference in meaning, I think this is a significant error.

The rest of the file is PL very good! Lovely dramatic reading! :9:

Section 37 - James is PL OK! :thumbs:

Section 58 - Mrs Eben is Pl OK! :thumbs:

I think that's nearly all the little parts that were waiting for PLing. Just the narrator files to go! :mrgreen: (And my David Spencer file, which I can't PL myself, obviously.)

Note for Kim/frances/editors:
Story 8 is ready to edit.
Story 7 has all the voice parts in and just needs the narrator file PLed and it will be ready to edit.
Stories 14 and 10 just need the narrator files PLed and one voice part correction each (by frances and sundayschild) and they will be ready to edit.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Narration for the Preface: 8:03, including 5 seconds silence at the end. Sorry, I didn't know what to do with the ID3 tags.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_narrator_preface.mp3

Narration for Story 2, 18:15.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_narrator_02.mp3
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Beth, I've updated the MW with the things you've done :D Thanks!!!! And I'll have my file up for spot check in probably 5 mins. :thumbs:

I've claimed Miss Rosetta and will put that up soon. :clap:

I can't do Max because he's proposing to a girl, and a semi girly voice will just sound terrible. :) Any of you Gentlemen want to record Mr. Max??? :mrgreen:
~Kim
francesb

Post by francesb »

Here is Story 8 - The Little Brown Book of Miss Emily!! Very fun to put together, thank you to everyone who helped record!!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_thelittlebrownbookofmissemily_08_128kb.mp3
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
Peppersnoodles93

francesb wrote:Here is Story 8 - The Little Brown Book of Miss Emily!! Very fun to put together, thank you to everyone who helped record!!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_thelittlebrownbookofmissemily_08_128kb.mp3
Great job Frances!!!! I should be able to PL this for you, sometime soon! :D

Also, I've but Miss Rosetta in the MW for PL.
~Kim
francesb

Post by francesb »

Peppersnoodles93 wrote:
francesb wrote:Here is Story 8 - The Little Brown Book of Miss Emily!! Very fun to put together, thank you to everyone who helped record!!

Great job Frances!!!! I should be able to PL this for you, sometime soon! :D

Also, I've but Miss Rosetta in the MW for PL.
Thanks Kim!! And your section is PL OK =D
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
Peppersnoodles93

Frances, The Narration for story 7 is PL OK for Kristin, but there's a few things you can delete when you go to edit.

Btw, there's very little dialog and not many lines, so this one would probably take you 10 minutes to edit... :D

Anyways, please edit this when you go to use this file.

@ 4:55 "and cared for the" repeat
@15:10 long pause
~Kim