COMPLETE [MAORI] Ko Te Rongo Pai A Matiu - annise

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
tkhamon

Post by tkhamon »

Bible (Maori) NT 01:Ko Te Rongo Pai A Matiu . Translated by Elizabeth Fairburn Colenso (1821-1904)

This project is now complete. All files can be downloaded from the catalog page here:https://librivox.org/ko-te-rongo-pai-a-matiu-upoko-1-to-9//[/color]
The Maori translation of the Gospel According to Matthew. Verses 1 to 9

• Text source (only read from this text!): http://books.google.com/books?id=wI0NAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA5#v=onepage&q&f;=false
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
    • Project Code: kLYXjK7R
    • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): ( King James Version (KJV)) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_James_Version
    • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
    • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 28
    • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
    • Original publication date (if known):
    • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Travis Hamon Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?: travishamon.com
    ============================================

Genres for the project: Culture & Heritage

Keywords that describe the book: bible, New Testament, christian, Scripture, testimony

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Ko Te Rongo Pai A Matiu. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Ko Te Rongo Pai A Matiu, King James Version (KJV). Translated by Elizabeth Fairburn Colenso ( - 0) [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Ko Te Rongo Pai A Matiu ,King James Version. Translated by Elizabeth Fairburn Colenso ( - 0) This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Ko Te Rongo Pai A Matiu, King James Version . Translated by Elizabeth Fairburn Colenso ( - 0)"

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename koterongopaiamatiu_##_kjv.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. koterongopaiamatiu_01_kjv.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: King James Version
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Ko Te Rongo Pai A Matiu

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: annise
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I can MC this for you - I won't understand it of course
Back soon

Anne
tkhamon

Post by tkhamon »

Thank you! I will post chapter one shortly.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Once you have , I will advertise for a proof listener - not sure how many Maori speakers we have - but we wll manage something
We will need to have file titles for the catalogue - example https://librivox.org/matthew-king-james-version/
What is Maori for
Chapter
Anne
tkhamon

Post by tkhamon »

The Maori equivalent to Chapter is Upoko.

First chapter posted (length 6:42) https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/koterongopaiamatiu_01_kjv_128kb.mp3
tkhamon

Post by tkhamon »

I just realized that I left off the branding at the end of the recording. How do I upload the updated version?
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just upload another file with the same name - the uploader renames the old file (it adds a date stamp) so is isn't overwtrittrn , but the link in the MW is always the latest one

Anne
tkhamon

Post by tkhamon »

Thanks. End branding added to First chapter (new length 6:47) https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/koterongopaiamatiu_01_kjv_128kb.mp3
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I've advertised for a proof listener so we will see what is around
I've had a listen to your file - nice voice and reading - . The only problem was the volume - it was very low . I amplified your file and uploaded it , . If you are using Audacity , you need your peaks averaging out about the .5 mark , It amplified quite well with Audacity - but if you could get your volume up a bit it would be best . I haven't PLed it but it did sound good

Anne
tkhamon

Post by tkhamon »

Turned up mic volume... not sure why it was so low. Second chapter uploaded (6:50) https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/koterongopaiamatiu_02_kjv_128kb.mp3
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

That is great volume wise - I'll move us to Going Solo

Anne
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

I would love to try proof-listening this one. I understand Tagalog, a related language, which should help a little bit.
Arlene
---------------------------------------------
Every day is a new adventure!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

THat would be really great, thank you. I won't sign you on as DPL until you have had a go , just so you do not feel trapped if you find it difficult :D

Anne
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Sounds good. I'll get the first one tonight or tomorrow night and we'll see.
Arlene
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Travis,

The "Branding" is still missing at the end of Upoko 1 -- both in the link in the magic window and the link in the post. There are also two stumble/repeats in the phrase "raua i tata noa ki a raua" at 04:40. I don't know how fussy you want to be -- every reader is different. Let me know, and I'll follow your lead.

I'd love to continue to PL this until/unless you can find a Maori speaker (or at least listener). It is enough like Tagalog that it is easy for me to follow, though. I'm occasionally startled by wh's that sound much like f's to my untrained ears, but otherwise they are very similar phonetically.

Arlene
Arlene