COMPLETE - Further Chronicles of Avonlea-Montgomery-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sundayschild

Post by sundayschild »

If you don't mind cross-gender reading in this book- could I please have the parts of Paul (109) and Chester (71)?
Piper
francesb

Post by francesb »

sundayschild wrote:If you don't mind cross-gender reading in this book- could I please have the parts of Paul (109) and Chester (71)?
That would be fine! :D Thanks for claiming!
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ToddHW wrote:May I read sections 41 - Malcolm, 69 - Carl, 94 - Mr Bentley, and 109 - Paul? That is only one part per story; if you want any doubling up I could try using multiple voices though that is not a strength I claim.

Thanks, Todd
Here are Malcolm and Carl.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_carl_10_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_malcolm_06_128kb.mp3

Thanks, Todd
sundayschild

Post by sundayschild »

ToddHW wrote:May I read sections 41 - Malcolm, 69 - Carl, 94 - Mr Bentley, and 109 - Paul?

I'm afraid that when I volunteered to do Paul, I did not realize that someone had prior claim to his lines.
If Todd wants the part of Paul then I will gladly relinquish any claim to it.
If not, then I am still willing to do the reading for that part.
Piper
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

sundayschild wrote:
ToddHW wrote:May I read sections 41 - Malcolm, 69 - Carl, 94 - Mr Bentley, and 109 - Paul?

I'm afraid that when I volunteered to do Paul, I did not realize that someone had prior claim to his lines.
Yes, the MW is not up-to-date.

Why don't you read Paul? (I have already done the other parts of the claim though I still need to edit Mr Bentley.) Enjoy!

Thanks, Todd
francesb

Post by francesb »

ToddHW wrote:
sundayschild wrote:

Yes, the MW is not up-to-date.

Why don't you read Paul? (I have already done the other parts of the claim though I still need to edit Mr Bentley.) Enjoy!

Thanks, Todd
I am so sorry Todd and sundayschild!

Also, Malcom and Carl are both PL OK!!!
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Frances can I help you pl?
Also, let me claim the last two male roles to help finish this up. :D
Edit: last three male, I missed one.
Last edited by Peppersnoodles93 on March 20th, 2014, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Kim
Peppersnoodles93

37 James is PL OK
42 Ralph https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_ralph_06_128kb.mp3 ready for PL
43 Margaret PL OK
57 Mrs. Jonas PL OK (note: at :45 there's a extra line that's not Mrs. Jonas "Yes, it seems very long to me, Sara." that got included, just delete when editing)
63 Lige Baxter PL OK
67 Mrs. Cynthia White PL OK
68 August PL OK
70 https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_abelblair_10_128kb.mp3 Abel Blair ready for PL
79 Naomi PL OK
81 Eunice PL OK
82 Christopher PL OK
83 Charles PL OK
86 Electa PL OK
89 Eben - missing line @ 1:01 "Dad and I are the black sheep of the family,"
94 Mr. Bentley PL OK
100 Owen Blair PL OK
105 Jerome Carey PL OK
106 Man https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_man_15_128kb.mp3 ready for PL
108 Elinor extra "no" but that can be deleted when editing. PL OK
~Kim
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Whoo hoo! Kim, you've been so busy! Glad to see this project moving forward again!

42 - at 00:41 the line is not clear, should be "I was fool enough to think..." (Sounds like "a fool" with the next word not clear) Also, there are a lot of longish pauses during this speech which might be better closed up a bit, if you are fiddling with the file anyway.
70 - Abel Blair is PL OK! :)
106 - Man is PL OK! :thumbs:

I know the narration files are a lot of work, but I think those are the only ones left that need PLing. I'm not sure if they need separate PLing or if they will just be done with the editing and final chapter PL. Given how many different people did the narration, I think it would be wise to PL them first and get corrections done before the final editing stage, but that's just my opinion! ;)

Kim, are you editing these?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chester: at 00:06 the name should be "Tom Blair" (not Blake)
Rest of the file is PL OK! :thumbs:

Paul is PL OK! Lovely dramatic effects in your voice for this one!
Peppersnoodles93

Hey Beth, I would like to help edit these while I am here. I'm not sure how much I can commit to because I'm leaving in less than a month but I probably could help get quite a few done! Since it's all different narration, I don't think it's going to be too weird if I'm not the only editor.

As far as pling narration. I can probably work on it. Yes it should be pled before editing. I could start with yours and work out just in case there's someone who ducks in to help pl.

If you all, Frances or MaryAnn, would like some help with pl and editing, please let me know. Definately don't want to step on toes. But I'd love to help. If that's agreeable can I get MW access?

Thanks!
Last edited by Peppersnoodles93 on March 21st, 2014, 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Kim
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Peppersnoodles93 wrote: If you all, frances, mc, or Beth, would like some help with pl and editing, please let me know. Definately don't want to step on toes. But I'd love to help. If that's agreeable can I get MW access?
You'll have to ask frances - probably PM her might be best. I'm just a reader here - nobody official and no access to the MW either, sorry!
Peppersnoodles93

Whoopies! Ok, I've PMed Frances....

How exciting to see this project moving along!
~Kim