COMPLETE [LETTERS] The History of Emily Montague - Vol 1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Moving us to Readers Wanted!
I'll change the subject to [LETTERS] or something, but feel free to change it to whatever you want any time!
J_N

Post by J_N »

This project sounds fun... May I read Mrs. Melmoth? :)
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

J_N wrote:This project sounds fun... May I read Mrs. Melmoth? :)
You bet!
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

CP - make sure readers are including the headings of To:.... and the location and date if the letter has one. :D That's the only particular I care about in terms of specific DPL ;-)
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello all,
sorry for sticking my nose here. I do not mean to step on anyone's toes. However, it is a huge mistake to divide this book into four volumes. Yes, it will be a long going project. But that depends on the readers who sign up. At least, when you get readers, they will record all the letters at once and finish. No need to wait till the cataloging of each project. Do you think dividing it would make it shorter? In addition, there is a certain effect to recording all the novel in one project. You have the begining and the end. The volumes were even published together, so why divide it here? I do hope you will reconsider.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

I don't want to lose a reader halfway thru the project so it's safer to do it this way. Thanks for your input but this is how we've decided to do it. A book with 50 chapters would be more appealing than 232 chapters. This is also opens the door for more participation if someone doesn't want to read for all 4 volumes.
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

Caprisha

I am half agony, half hope. -Jane Austen
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

JoFriday21 wrote:CP - make sure readers are including the headings of To:.... and the location and date if the letter has one. :D That's the only particular I care about in terms of specific DPL ;-)
I thought about that when I started recording mine today. lol! I was going to ask if you wanted the Narrator or the Reader to do that. I went ahead and read mine because I thought that made more sense, too. :D

Are you pronouncing your last name "FUR-MUR" or "FUR-MORE"?
Caprisha

JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

CaprishaPage wrote:
JoFriday21 wrote:CP - make sure readers are including the headings of To:.... and the location and date if the letter has one. :D That's the only particular I care about in terms of specific DPL ;-)
I thought about that when I started recording mine today. lol! I was going to ask if you wanted the Narrator or the Reader to do that. I went ahead and read mine because I thought that made more sense, too. :D

Fur-more. And yeah, read as the character for those headings :-)
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

JoFriday21 wrote:
CaprishaPage wrote:

Fur-more. And yeah, read as the character for those headings :-)
Ok, I will have to go back and fix my pronunciation on that. I also went back and looked over the thread. Is each reader doing the 'intro" and 'outro,' too?
Caprisha

JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

Yes, there's no narrator so it's just like a regular group project. No editing needed.
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

JoFriday21 wrote:Yes, there's no narrator so it's just like a regular group project. No editing needed.
Awesome!! Ok, don't listen to mine yet. Let me add it, and I'll let ya know when I've fixed it. :shock: headed over there now. Lol!
Caprisha