COMPLETE [DR] The Royal Book of Oz - maryannspiegel

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

pjmorgan wrote:
WoollyBee wrote:
pjmorgan wrote:Hello there! I'm sort of new to this Librivox thing. I posted my 1-Minute test the other day and was approved, and now I'm wanting to pick up some small parts here and there to get rolling. Could I claim section #7 (Chief Poker, General, Fix 1, Comfortable Camel)? I read the script and would love to try out some fun character voices for these guys. I don't know if it matters if I'm female? Haven't seen much commentary here on gender-swapping roles yet ;)
Hey, Penny! I'm not doing gender perfect casting for this project, so you may certainly claim section 07. Please note that files must be FLAC instead of MP3. Thanks!
Perfect, thank you! My new mic should be arriving this week, so I will jump on the recordings as soon as possible. (For those in the know, is it typical to post another 1-minute test when changing equipment, just to double check everything? It's become too much trouble to record in my friend's studio with my schedule, so I decided to invest in my own mic. Blue Yeti woo!)
Sounds good.

Congrats on your Yeti! I know you'll love it. :D

ETA: I missed your question. Yes, when you change equipment, it is best to post another test, just to make sure your technical specs, background noise, and volume are still OK. :)
Last edited by WoollyBee on February 18th, 2014, 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
fshort

Post by fshort »

I would like to PL Dorothy. Would that be possible?
Florence Short
"...he not busy being born is busy dying."
Lyrics from Bob Dylan song
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

pjmorgan wrote:Perfect, thank you! My new mic should be arriving this week, so I will jump on the recordings as soon as possible. (For those in the know, is it typical to post another 1-minute test when changing equipment, just to double check everything? It's become too much trouble to record in my friend's studio with my schedule, so I decided to invest in my own mic. Blue Yeti woo!)
PJ,
I would suggest that you do post another test when you change equipment, just to confirm that you've got the right mic selected in your recording softward and that the gain is properly set (you can adjust that both on the mic and in Audacity with the Yeti). We want to make sure you are getting the best possible out of your yeti.
MaryAnn
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

fshort wrote:I would like to PL Dorothy. Would that be possible?
You sure can! Thank you. :)
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

sunny1849

Post by sunny1849 »

I have completed my edits for the giant and they were uploaded on page 5 can PL review... Thanks
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something or someone else is more important than fear." ~Ambrose Redmoon

Sunshine Tindall
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

sunny1849 wrote:I have completed my edits for the giant and they were uploaded on page 5 can PL review... Thanks
Oh, sorry, I must have missed that! Thank you. PL OK.
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Woggle Bug Chapter 1 PL Notes:

At 2:06, you mixed up the order of the words. You said:
"Now, if you will answer all my questions as I call your names, I'll get the necessary data and be off."
You should have said:
"Now, if you will all answer my questions as I call your names, I'll get the necessary data and be off."
Just edit and resubmit. Wonderful reading, by the way! :thumbs:
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Section 14, Lantern 1, ch. 12:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/royalbookofoz_12_lantern114.flac

I have more coming, but I just wanted to see if this flies technically first...
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

thestorygirl wrote:Section 14, Lantern 1, ch. 12:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/royalbookofoz_12_lantern114.flac

I have more coming, but I just wanted to see if this flies technically first...
Thank you! Great job -- everything looks good. PL OK.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Princess Orange Blossom, section 14, Ch. 20:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/royalbookofoz_20_princessorangeblossom14.flac

This was the best line EVER! :mrgreen: