[COMPLETE] Imaginary Conversations by Walter S Landor-tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Imaginary Conversations by Walter Savage Landor (1775 - 1864).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/imaginary-conversations-dramatic-reading-by-walter-savage-landor/
This is a group of Imaginary Conversations by Walter Savage Landor. It is a series of dialogues of historical and mythical characters. Marcellus and Hannibal, Queen Elizabeth and Cecil, Peter the Great and Alexis, Louis XIV and Father La Chaise, Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn are just a few of the delights on offer. Plenty to choose from and some great reads. ( Michele Eaton )
    1. Is there a deadline? February 2015
      We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.

"To be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, all unrecorded sections that were claimed more than 2 months ago will be orphaned on June 7th unless the claimants post in this thread before then to reclaim the section."
    2. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here
      To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    3. New to recording?
      Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/imaginaryconver00land
    5. Please claim roles (the numbers in the first column below)! Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.
      Please note that there are two or three readers per section. You may read for more than one role as long as they are not in the same conversation. Please ask if you are not sure.

If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

All remaining roles are gender neutral so please feel free to claim as many as you like ladies and gentlemen

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

Submit one file per role
    7. Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      [Role], read by [your name].

If you are the narrator please read the following for each section. Section [##] of Imaginary Conversations by Walter Savage Landor. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.
      Where [##] is the section number
      At the end: End of Section [##].

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Save files as 128 kbps MP3
      imaginaryconversations_[role]_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case)

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        Use your own workflow login/password, or the following:
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: TriciaG
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
[/list]
Last edited by wib66 on May 14th, 2016, 4:01 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I will be Editor and DPL for this project thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'll MC.

Should be set. Some keywords would be good; perhaps the names of the conversation participants?
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
wib66

Post by wib66 »

TriciaG wrote:I'll MC.

Should be set. Some keywords would be good; perhaps the names of the conversation participants?
Thanks Tricia. I have added some of the names to the summary is that what you meant thanks :9:
Michele
francesb

Post by francesb »

Hi!! This looks extremely fun! I would love to claim any roles you think would fit me :)
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

I may be along to claim a role later, if I get the free time, but I clicked on this thread because I noticed you called Walter William in the title.
So little space, so much to say.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Lucy_k_p wrote:I may be along to claim a role later, if I get the free time, but I clicked on this thread because I noticed you called Walter William in the title.
Thanks for catching that I have changed it now. :9:
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

francesb wrote:Hi!! This looks extremely fun! I would love to claim any roles you think would fit me :)
Hi if it's ok with you I would prefer you to pick your own role. I don't like deciding for others as you may not like the one I choose. Please feel free to pick any female you like thanks. :thumbs:
Michele
MARTIN GEESON

Post by MARTIN GEESON »

Hi

May I please bag the part of Diogenes (55)?

Best regards
Martin

ETA - ...and also Cecil, please (no. 7) :)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

MARTIN GEESON wrote:Hi

May I please bag the part of Diogenes (55)?

Best regards
Martin

ETA - ...and also Cecil, please (no. 7) :)
Yes Martin you may. Glad to have you on board.
Michele
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Moving to Readers Wanted...
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
pjmorgan

Post by pjmorgan »

Might I claim #6 Queen Elizabeth? I peeked at the text and it looks immensely fun!
Savvy0712

Post by Savvy0712 »

May I please claim the roles of Godiva and Elizabeth Gaunt?

This looks so interesting! :)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

TriciaG wrote:Moving to Readers Wanted...
Thanks Tricia
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

pjmorgan wrote:Might I claim #6 Queen Elizabeth? I peeked at the text and it looks immensely fun!
Thanks for claiming the MW is updated :9:
Michele