COMPLETE[DRAM.READ]The Marvelous Land of Oz by L. F. Baum-kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
francesb

Post by francesb »

Is Jellia Jamb orphaned? If so then I can claim it. :) If Tricia did claim it, then she can do it by all means. :D
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

francesb wrote:Is Jellia Jamb orphaned? If so then I can claim it. :) If Tricia did claim it, then she can do it by all means. :D
Actually, it was orphaned, claimed and recorded. Did I miss putting it in the MW? I'll do it now... :oops:
francesb

Post by francesb »

Elizabby wrote:
francesb wrote:Is Jellia Jamb orphaned? If so then I can claim it. :) If Tricia did claim it, then she can do it by all means. :D
Actually, it was orphaned, claimed and recorded. Did I miss putting it in the MW? I'll do it now... :oops:
Ah okay :D I'm working on editing chapter six. :)
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Reporting for duty! :mrgreen:
~Kim
Peppersnoodles93

I'm editing chapter 6.... and I'm missing this line from the Guardian

"It's the fashion here," said the Soldier, "and they will keep you from being blinded by the glitter and glare of the gorgeous Emerald City."

Other than that I'm done with chapter 6.
~Kim
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Peppersnoodles93 wrote:I'm editing chapter 6.... and I'm missing this line from the Guardian

"It's the fashion here," said the Soldier, "and they will keep you from being blinded by the glitter and glare of the gorgeous Emerald City."

Other than that I'm done with chapter 6.
Ah, I see what happened. The line is supposed to belong to the Soldier with the Green Whiskers, but it was colour coded for the Guardian of the Gates, and in the end neither has recorded it! :shock: :hmm:

I've contacted the original reader to see if he is still around and might be willing to record the line. Maybe if you could just leave Ch 6 for now and go on to the rest - as far as I know everything else *should* be there!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Elizabby wrote:I'm doing a little bit of PLing for the finished chapters:

Chapter 1. There is a line missing from the end. It is Tip's last line " "I will name the fellow 'Jack Pumpkinhead!'" (The outro is correct immediately after.)

Chapter 2 doesn't have an outro "End of chapter 2" from the narrator.

Chapter 5: Edits Needed. 5 seconds of silence need to be added at the end of the recording.
For whichever editor gets to it first, these fixes should be quite easy, and all the relevant lines are already in the chapters for the parts (Tip and Narrator). Then chapters 1-5 will be all done and dusted! :thumbs:
Peppersnoodles93

Elizabby wrote: Chapter 1. There is a line missing from the end. It is Tip's last line " "I will name the fellow 'Jack Pumpkinhead!'" (The outro is correct immediately after.)
Chapter 2 doesn't have an outro "End of chapter 2" from the narrator.
Chapter 5: Edits Needed. 5 seconds of silence need to be added at the end of the recording.
For whichever editor gets to it first, these fixes should be quite easy, and all the relevant lines are already in the chapters for the parts (Tip and Narrator). Then chapters 1-5 will be all done and dusted! :thumbs:[/quote]

Here are the corrected files
Chapter 1 - https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/marvelouslandofoz_01_baum.mp3 - 08:02
Chapter 2 - https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/marvelouslandofoz_02_128kb.mp3 - 13:17
Chapter 5 - https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/marvelouslandofoz_05_128kb.mp3 - 11:11

Oh and yes, don't worry, I'll keep moving on. :D
~Kim
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Many thanks, these are now all PL OK! :thumbs:

Oh, but I've just realized that there is no Dramatis Personae with the voice credits. I would normally have put it into Chapter 00 but if you've got Chapter 1 on your computer already it might be easier to just slot it all into the start of Chapter 1. What do you think?
Peppersnoodles93

Doesn't matter to me, but it may be a little awkward to have it in Chapter 1... I would say we could make a separate file, or just put it into preface... just my opinion. But I'll do what you would like me to. :D
~Kim
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Peppersnoodles93 wrote:Doesn't matter to me, but it may be a little awkward to have it in Chapter 1... I would say we could make a separate file, or just put it into preface... just my opinion. But I'll do what you would like me to. :D
If it's not too much trouble, ideally it should go with the Preface, the file that is called Chapter 00.

Also, I'm just looking ahead to Chapter 8 - I think the "army of girls" only has 3 voices in it. If you feel the army needs a little more fullness, you and I can each record the lines and add them in - then you will get a voice credit as well! ;) You don't need to go through the whole process of uploading the files for yourself for such a small part - just add it directly and I'll proof it with the finished chapter.
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

DPL reporting for duty! :)
Peppersnoodles93

Unfortunately, here's another color coating issue....
For Chapter 7:

"That is unfortunate, certainly," said the Scarecrow, thoughtfully. "We must have an interpreter." It was all color coated for Scarecrow, but the narrator needs to say the part in bold. Could you ask him to record that little part?
~Kim
Peppersnoodles93

If it's not too much trouble, ideally it should go with the Preface, the file that is called Chapter 00.

Also, I'm just looking ahead to Chapter 8 - I think the "army of girls" only has 3 voices in it. If you feel the army needs a little more fullness, you and I can each record the lines and add them in - then you will get a voice credit as well! You don't need to go through the whole process of uploading the files for yourself for such a small part - just add it directly and I'll proof it with the finished chapter.
Let me deal with the credits thing, after I get some of these chapters edited... I'm not feeling like tackling that right now... :D Don't worry, I'll get to it.

Ok, I'll let you know how that works....let me let you know... but good idea. Thanks for looking ahead.
~Kim
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Peppersnoodles93 wrote:Unfortunately, here's another color coating issue....
For Chapter 7:

"That is unfortunate, certainly," said the Scarecrow, thoughtfully. "We must have an interpreter." It was all color coated for Scarecrow, but the narrator needs to say the part in bold. Could you ask him to record that little part?
I think under the circumstances I'm going to let that one go, unless we come up with anything else we need the narrator to correct. It's a difficult situation because it has been nearly 6 months since the voice parts came in. Since it doesn't really change the nature of the text I think just let it pass.