COMPLETE: The Happy Prince by Oscar Wilde - gloriana

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thanks for PLing, both files fixed and reuploaded. The last one will still take a bit :wink:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Well, not that long after all...

http://librivox.org/uploads/gloriana/happyprince_lightblue_5.mp3

There are some inconsistencies about who reads what towards the end of the chapter - I'll rerecord if need be of course.

It will need noisecleaning, but in accordance with the Dramatic Rules I did not do this (neither did I for the other chapters, btw).
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
GardenerOfStars

Post by GardenerOfStars »

Hello,

Just want to let you know that my job has ruined my recording plans for the next 2 weeks :(.

No way, my mic is gonna fit in my suitcase ;)

In case you need a quick turnaround on the "orange" section, I won't be able to get it done in time...

Thought I'd give you a heads up in case you want to re-assign the part.

Have a great rest of the day,

Rebecca
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. (Mark Twain)
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

No worries, Rebecca - we'll see you in a couple of weeks!
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Lovely! Thanks so much, Beth! I'm going to start putting some of these together. :)
GardenerOfStars

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. (Mark Twain)
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Wow great- thank you! Editing commencing soon. :)
Loveday

Post by Loveday »

PL notes!

Pink
All chapters are PL OK!
In Chapter 1, there is an extra line at 00:11 (which is for the other swallows) but I assume that can just be removed in editing.

Also in Chapter 1, I've only just noticed that the line "How wonderful the stars are … and how wonderful is the power of love" is coded Pink - I had always assumed it was spoken to the girl by her lover, not by the Swallow. Up to you, Elizabeth, if you want to use another voice for that line.

Light Blue
All PL OK! Super narration on Chapter 5.
In Chapter 5, I think you will have a choice in editing for the "Bang! Bang! Bang!" very near the end - it's in Light Blue 5 at 14:05 and in White at 12:50

Orange
Rebecca, you have such a lovely voice! I hadn't heard any of your readings before, so I must look out for them :)

Chapter 1 - at 00:22, the swallows' line should be "It is a ridiculous attachment … she has no money, and far too many relations". (This has been confusing everyone I'm afraid, but I don't have control over the script document to correct it.)

Chapters 2, 3 and 5 are PL OK! Have run out of time to listen to 4 tonight, but will try to fit it in tomorrow.
GardenerOfStars

Loveday wrote:PL notes!

Orange
Rebecca, you have such a lovely voice! I hadn't heard any of your readings before, so I must look out for them :)

Chapter 1 - at 00:22, the swallows' line should be "It is a ridiculous attachment … she has no money, and far too many relations". (This has been confusing everyone I'm afraid, but I don't have control over the script document to correct it.)

Chapters 2, 3 and 5 are PL OK! Have run out of time to listen to 4 tonight, but will try to fit it in tomorrow.
Awwww, thank you Loveday! ;)

I'll make the correction first thing tomorrow morning and will upload ASAP.

Have a great rest of the weekend,

Rebecca
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Thanks very much for the PLing, Loveday! More editing soon...
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Loveday wrote:PL notes!

Pink
All chapters are PL OK!
In Chapter 1, there is an extra line at 00:11 (which is for the other swallows) but I assume that can just be removed in editing.

Also in Chapter 1, I've only just noticed that the line "How wonderful the stars are … and how wonderful is the power of love" is coded Pink - I had always assumed it was spoken to the girl by her lover, not by the Swallow. Up to you, Elizabeth, if you want to use another voice for that line.
I might just leave it as is. I didn't use different voices for any of the various characters in the other parts either, so I think I'm going to just go with what I've got.

I'm looking forward to seeing this project all complete! Can't wait to download these stories for my girls!
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

I think the extra line can easily be removed in editing. Libby is editing ch 1 so the other issue is her call.
GardenerOfStars

Hello,

here is the corrected first section for Orange.

https://librivox.org/uploads/gloriana/happyprince_orange_1.mp3

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!

Rebecca
LibbyG

Post by LibbyG »

gloriana wrote:I think the extra line can easily be removed in editing. Libby is editing ch 1 so the other issue is her call.
Yeah, that's not a problem.
What am I up to?
Amelia Vol. 2 - 10 sections open