Help taking over projects, I need to leave LV for a while

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

I'm taking another step back from Librivox.
On September 3rd my mother in law passed away and my husband and I have had to do a lot of traveling back and forth from the Twin Cities and International Falls, MN (a 5 hour drive).
Things were just starting to settle down again when my Aunt Gayle passed away on Thursday (Sept 19), and now my Grandma Rose (Gayle's mom) is in the hospital. I'm also interviewing for a new job at work, and having fertility problems for which I'm going to a reproductive endocrinologist almost weekly, and, because all that isn't enough, the Universe decided I also needed to develop a head cold this weekend. It never rains but it pours.

Earlier this month a took a step back from LV and asked for help editing and gave up most of my DPL projects. Now I'm asking for help again, as I'd rather my projects not sit there unloved if there's someone that can and is willing to pick them up. And I want my name to not be mud when I do have the heart to come back to LV again.

Here's what I've got that I'm looking for someone to "adopt."

ADOPTED OPEN [DRAM.READ] New Adventures of Alice by John Rae - kd[/url] - BC (project has an editor and DPL)

ADOPTED [Children's] Kabumpo in Oz by Ruth Plumly Thompson - phi - BC/DPL (Halle had to quit DPLing for real lilfe reasons recently)

ADOPTED FULL [PLAY] Alice in Wonderland by Alice Gerstenberg - mb - BC/Editor - Play is nearly finished. All files are in. Act 2 is edited for all parts in place, waiting on lines for March Hare from CatRose and then needs editing for timing, and Act 3 needs to be edited.

ADOPTED [FIC]The Mermaid by Lily Dougall - kd - BC/DPL

ADOPTED [DRAM.READ] The Marvelous Land of Oz by L. F. Baum - kd - BC - FrancesB is editing, WoollyBee is DPL, all sections in

I'm sending a PM to Barry, Marie, and Phil to let them know about this post, and I hope they'll watch for if anyone makes claims here on these in case I can't get onto LV to respond.

I really appreciate the caring nature of Librivox, and thanks to those who have sent me their sympathy and good wishes. If you're the praying type, please keep the Lane family in your prayers.

God bless,
Elley
Last edited by ElleyKat on September 22nd, 2013, 1:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
~Elley

I've had a death in the family and won't be around Librivox much for the next while. I'll be back ... when I'm back. I appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. :)
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Sounds like you do have your hands full, Elley--things will get better for you soon, I trust.

I would be willing to take over as both the BC and the DPL for The Mermaid for you. I recorded a section early on, and I really enjoyed the style of writing. Perhaps I'll even manage to take another section if I can finish up a few outstanding claims! :)

I'll post in The Mermaid project thread as well. Best wishes to you and your family, Elley! (I have absolutely "zero" dramatic project experience, so no help to you there.)
Kind regards,
Lucretia
francesb

Post by francesb »

Elley, I would love to BC New Adventures of Alice. :D
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

Thanks Lucretia and Frances. :)
~Elley

I've had a death in the family and won't be around Librivox much for the next while. I'll be back ... when I'm back. I appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. :)
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

I'll finish editing FULL [PLAY] Alice in Wonderland by Alice Gerstenberg - mb

I'm so sorry Elley! May God comfort you all and carry you in His arms. Praying for you all!
~Kim
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I can BC the last little bit of the Marvelous Land of Oz. If all the parts are in and editing is under way and there's a DPL already - is there much else for the BC to do? I can help with PLing if needed - I'm already part of this project anyway, and my part has been PLed already.

Sorry to hear that stuff is hard in your life Elley - hope things steady out soon. (And good luck with the reproductive endocrinologist! Those people can work wonders! After 6 months with mine, I was all straightened out and after our first baby the next two were conceived completely naturally with no further intervention required! Of course, now I have three girls under 5 years of age, which makes my life crazy and busy in a different way!)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hope everything works out for you in the end
Thank you so much for seeing that you needed to step back and letting us know . It makes life here so much easier all round - and it is so hard to do.

Anne