COMPLETE - Further Chronicles of Avonlea-Montgomery-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
francesb

Post by francesb »

Further Chronicles of Avonlea by Lucy Maud Montgomery (1874 - 1942).
After her famed book "Anne of Green Gables," Lucy Maud Montgomery continued her stories in "Chronicles of Avonlea" followed by "Further Chronicles of Avonlea." The book includes fifteen short and entertaining, funny, and romantic stories. She brings back old characters such as Anne, Rachel Lynde, and Matthew Cuthbert, although most of the stories are focused around new characters living in Avonlea. ( francesb)
This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/further-chronicles-of-avonlea-dramatic-reading-by-lucy-maud-montgomery/
    1. Is there a deadline?
      We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    2. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here
      To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    3. New to recording?
      Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/5340
    5. Please claim roles (the numbers in the first column below)! Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.

If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

No longer gender specific, seeing that the only roles available are men's roles. :D

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================
      This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

============================================
      Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Family; Dramatic Readings; Romance; Short Stories/Single Author Collections
      Keywords that describe the book: avonlea, anne of green gables, l. m. montgomery
      ============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

Submit one file per act.
    7. Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      [Role], read by [your name].

If you are reading stage directions, please include for each file:At the beginning: Story [#] of Further Chronicles of Avonlea by Lucy Maud Mongomery. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org. Story [#] - [Title]

At the end: End of Story [#].

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Save files as 128 kbps MP3
      furtherchroniclesofavonlea_[role]_[#]_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the story number.

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
        http://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: MaryAnnSpiegel
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
      Any questions?
      Please post below :)
[/list]
Last edited by francesb on May 12th, 2014, 5:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Frances,

I can MC this for you.

Looking at your initial post, I have a few questions.

1. The intros and outros refer to "act #". That seems a bit odd since this book has chapters or stories. Nowhere in the intro do you mention the chapter/story name. Please adjust to something more appropriate.

2. Will you be narrating this yourself? If not, will you have a separate narrator for each chapter/story? Having only one narrator for all stories would make for a very very large role for the narrator, and at that point, the narrator/reader could read the book as a solo project with very little additional time commitment. Therefore, if you are not going to narrate yourself, then I recommend that the narrator roles for each chapter be separated. This would also be a nice way to allow more people to participate in the "narrator" role as that is considered by some to be a "plum".

3. Will there be a separate dramatis personae for each chapter/story?

4. Do you expect some or all characters to carry through for all chapters/stories with the same reader?

5. Will you be editing? If not, who is the editor?

6. Do you have a PLer lined up yet?

When the project is ready to catalog, I will ask you to provide the information necessary to create the cast list which is posted on the Librivox Catalog and on Archive pages. I've put together a template which you may use to send that information to me - you can download a copy here in excel or here in word. You may also use your own format, provided that you provide the same information for each reader and that all roles for a given reader are listed in a single line. If you are going to allow a character to be read by different people in different chapters/stories, please let me know. (So for example, if reader1 is Anne in Chapter 1 and reader2 is Anne in Chapter 3). We will need to figure out in advance how to reflect this in the reader table so that it does not become a ton more work for either of us at the cataloging stage. For a project this big, I strongly recommend that you collect this information in the table as you go along.

MaryAnn
francesb

Post by francesb »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Frances,

I can MC this for you.

Looking at your initial post, I have a few questions.

1. The intros and outros refer to "act #". That seems a bit odd since this book has chapters or stories. Nowhere in the intro do you mention the chapter/story name. Please adjust to something more appropriate.

2. Will you be narrating this yourself? If not, will you have a separate narrator for each chapter/story? Having only one narrator for all stories would make for a very very large role for the narrator, and at that point, the narrator/reader could read the book as a solo project with very little additional time commitment. Therefore, if you are not going to narrate yourself, then I recommend that the narrator roles for each chapter be separated. This would also be a nice way to allow more people to participate in the "narrator" role as that is considered by some to be a "plum".

3. Will there be a separate dramatis personae for each chapter/story?

4. Do you expect some or all characters to carry through for all chapters/stories with the same reader?

5. Will you be editing? If not, who is the editor?

6. Do you have a PLer lined up yet?

When the project is ready to catalog, I will ask you to provide the information necessary to create the cast list which is posted on the Librivox Catalog and on Archive pages. I've put together a template which you may use to send that information to me - you can download a copy here in excel or here in word. You may also use your own format, provided that you provide the same information for each reader and that all roles for a given reader are listed in a single line. If you are going to allow a character to be read by different people in different chapters/stories, please let me know. (So for example, if reader1 is Anne in Chapter 1 and reader2 is Anne in Chapter 3). We will need to figure out in advance how to reflect this in the reader table so that it does not become a ton more work for either of us at the cataloging stage. For a project this big, I strongly recommend that you collect this information in the table as you go along.

MaryAnn

Wonderful MaryAnn!

1) Okay, I'll change it to story/chapter number.
2) Yes, each narrator is going to be separate. Also, some of the stories are in first person so I combined the roles of narrator and the character. Is that alright?
3) Yep! :thumbs:
4) No, although not many people are in the same stories.
5) Yes, I plan on editing.
6) I do not, although I think I have someone who would want to, so I will email her today.

Okay! I will fill out the table as soon as I get to a computer tomorrow.

Thank you!!!
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
hallejk

Post by hallejk »

I'll DPL!
Halle Kill
I'm going to be away from LV for a while. I have had some serious family things come up and LV is to much at the moment.
francesb

Post by francesb »

hallejk wrote:I'll DPL!
Awesome, thanks!! :D
Frances Brown
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

OK Frances, MW is up. Let me know if you have any trouble getting in.
MaryAnn
francesb

Post by francesb »

Here's the Cast List I've got so far:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/102yxFMmyC3clfSj_LucCCtw6Py5DK8Ufc7XC5nEv12Y/edit?usp=sharing

Also, could you delete the last three sections? Turns out I didn't need them and over-counted. :D
Frances Brown
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

I'd like to take Phillipa (since I read her in the others), Diana, Mrs. George Pyle, Kathleen Bell, Rachel Spencer and Old Betty please :) I realize that is quite a bit but these stories look so great and easy to complete!
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Oooo, this looks like fun! Thanks for coordinating this!
Story 2 Can I take Georgie?
Story 3 Oh my goodness I'm almost in tears! What a story! Carrie Bell please
Story 5 Josephine (I have a youngish voice, so I'm not sure if this would work, so you can decide)

That's all for now. :D I love this!
~Kim
francesb

Post by francesb »

All the sections are yours Kim and Amanda!

@ Kim, I think your voice would be fine for Josephine :)
Frances Brown
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Hi Frances, Oh good! Glad you think so, cus here she is. :D
http://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_Josephine_32_128kb.mp3
03:49
~Kim
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

90, 98, and 110, please :) .
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Moving this thread to Readers Wanted - Dramatic Works.
MaryAnn
francesb

Post by francesb »

WoollyBee wrote:90, 98, and 110, please :) .
All yours Sarah, thanks for claiming!! :thumbs:
Frances Brown
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Hi! Can I request the part of Anne in Ch. 8? I think also the narrator, since it's supposed to be Anne talking...
Also Eunice from Ch. 12? I can make my voice sound both younger and older...
So I guess that's #'s 50/51/80.
Thanks!