[COMPLETE] The Fate of Fenella, by Various (1892)-tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Loveday

Post by Loveday »

You absolutely may Tricia! Thank you! I look forward to hearing your recordings :D
It's the end of term, so I am back! Thank you for being patient with me, and please PM if I don't seem to have caught an update that I should have seen.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Just sitting down to record. Is Jacynth pronounced "JAY-sinth?"
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Loveday

Post by Loveday »

I think we've had both JAH-sinth and JAY-sinth so far. Hang on 2 mins and I will just check for you which one we have used more and we'll go with that.
It's the end of term, so I am back! Thank you for being patient with me, and please PM if I don't seem to have caught an update that I should have seen.
Loveday

Post by Loveday »

Ok, the consensus so far is jah-sinth - not sure how to render it phonetically, but like http://www.pronouncehow.com/english/jacinth_pronunciation with the stress slightly on the first syllable instead of heavily on the second.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Loveday

Post by Loveday »

Wonderful! Thank you Tricia :)

I will have time to PL this on Friday or Saturday, so I won't advertise for a DPL yet (though if anyone is lurking and would like to sign up to listen, you would be very welcome).
MariaSimSham

Post by MariaSimSham »

Hello, I`d like to read section 7, may I?
Loveday

Post by Loveday »

Yes, I will put you in for section 7.

This recording is quite long, and I can see that you are having some issues with volume on previous recordings. It would be a shame to put a lot of work into recording and editing this chapter and have the same issue come up again.

Therefore, I would like you first to record another 1-minute test, increasing the input volume as Frances has suggested in your 1-minute test thread. Reupload it and post the link in that thread again and someone will take a listen to it and give you any further advice you need.

The other thing which I noticed on listening to your 1-minute test is that your microphone seems to cut out briefly a few times during the test, which distracts from your lovely voice. So, I suggest double-checking the connections before you re-record the test.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Loveday

Post by Loveday »

Thank you Tricia!
Loveday

Post by Loveday »

I very much enjoyed listening to Chapter 2 and it is PL OK!
Loveday

Post by Loveday »

Chapter 22 is also PL OK! Great reading Tricia, thank you very much for your contributions :D
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Hi! I noticed the tilde in the title and thought I'd offer my services as DPL if you'd like one. :) This sounds like a great project!
Kathrine
Loveday

Post by Loveday »

I'd absolutely love to have you as DPL! Thank you for offering!
I'm rather fond of this project too, though I recognise the plot is fairly daft :lol:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'll put you in . . .