[COMPLETE]The Mermaid by Lily Dougall - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
dread

Post by dread »

The range of literature is as wide as humanity. It touches every feeling, every hope, every craving of the human heart. -- David Jordan
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

dread wrote:Here is Section 27.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/mermaid_27_dougall.mp3

8:47

-- Bill
Thanks Bill! In the MW for PL. :D
~Elley

I've had a death in the family and won't be around Librivox much for the next while. I'll be back ... when I'm back. I appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. :)
OddGirlie

Post by OddGirlie »

Howdy, darlings.

I only just installed Audacity and made a test recording after editing my prefs. I'd like to claim/record a section, but I cannot tell from this thread what's still up for grabs. :oops:

Help?
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica."
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

OddGirlie wrote:Howdy, darlings.

I only just installed Audacity and made a test recording after editing my prefs. I'd like to claim/record a section, but I cannot tell from this thread what's still up for grabs. :oops:

Help?
Howdie, OddGirlie! First, you must post your 1-minute test. This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test.

Then, read the first post carefully. It has all the isntructions you need. The "Magic Window" in the first post in this thread shows all the sections. Open sections say "open" in the far right column. For this book, sections 28-38 are all still open and awaiting readers. :D

Let me know if you've got any questions, and I'll help you out. Welcome to librivox!!
"I signed up for Second Life about a year ago. Back then, my life was so great that I literally wanted a second one. Absolutely everything was the same…except I could fly."
~Elley

I've had a death in the family and won't be around Librivox much for the next while. I'll be back ... when I'm back. I appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. :)
OddGirlie

Post by OddGirlie »

ElleyKat wrote: Howdie, OddGirlie! First, you must post your 1-minute test. This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test.

Then, read the first post carefully. It has all the isntructions you need. The "Magic Window" in the first post in this thread shows all the sections. Open sections say "open" in the far right column. For this book, sections 28-38 are all still open and awaiting readers. :D

Let me know if you've got any questions, and I'll help you out. Welcome to librivox!!
"I signed up for Second Life about a year ago. Back then, my life was so great that I literally wanted a second one. Absolutely everything was the same…except I could fly."
I'll do just that, then. Thank you, Miss ElleyKat :D
OddGirlie

Post by OddGirlie »

I just uploaded my goofy 1-minute recording test on the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=48309

There aren't any columns or options in the "magic window" you mentioned... is that because I haven't received feedback on my recording test yet? Thank you, dollface.
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

OddGirlie wrote:I just uploaded my goofy 1-minute recording test on the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=48309

There aren't any columns or options in the "magic window" you mentioned... is that because I haven't received feedback on my recording test yet? Thank you, dollface.
Hmm. What browser are you using? I know it's not working correctly for me using IE8 or Firefox either. There are some system changes going on right now that are causing things like the MW to behave weirdly. I'm told they should be fixed in early September.

Here are the open sections, let me know which you'd like to claim. :)
Edited to add: Also, let me know what you'd like your catalog name to be. This is the name you'll say when you do the recording and say "Recording by ____." This can be your forum name, your real name (first and last, or just first), a nickname... Personally, I say "Recorded by ElleyKat." :D We can also put a link to your homepage in your catalog page, so let me know if there's a link you'd like to use. :)

28 28 - Book 3, Chapter 3 - Love, I Speak to Thy Face ~2194 words Open
29 29 - Book 3, Chapter 4 - Hope Born of Spring ~2067 words Open
30 30 - Book 3, Chapter 5 - To the Higher Court ~2130 words Open
31 31 - Book 3, Chapter 6 - The Night is Dark ~3181 words Open
32 32 - Book 3, Chapter 7 - The Wild Waves Whist ~2788 words Open
33 33 - Book 3, Chapter 8 - God's in His Heaven ~3810 words Open
34 34 - Book 3, Chapter 9 - God's Puppets, Best and Worst~1192 words Open
35 35 - Book 3, Chapter 10 - Death Shrive Thy Soul! ~2480 words Open
36 36 - Book 3, Chapter 11 - The Riddle of Life ~2146 words Open
37 37 - Book 3, Chapter 12 - To Call A Spirit from the Vasty Deep ~3644 words Open
38 38 - Book 3, Chapter 13 - The Evening and the Morning~2091 words Open
~Elley

OddGirlie

Post by OddGirlie »

Awesome, thanks for all your help! I'll claim Section 28 then... and you were absolutely right, my browser (FF) was the problem. :clap:
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

OddGirlie wrote:Awesome, thanks for all your help! I'll claim Section 28 then... and you were absolutely right, my browser (FF) was the problem. :clap:
Great! I'll put you in for section 28 as soon as you let me know what you'd like your catalog name to be. ;)

Be sure you get the OK on your 1-minute test before you start recording. Thanks!
~Elley

KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Please note that I have changed the first post to show that we are now using the new uploader and that it has a different password than the old one. Also note that we should start adding _128kb to the end of the file names when you save them; if you forget, don't worry about it as I can easily fix them at cataloging time.
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
OddGirlie

Post by OddGirlie »

ElleyKat wrote: Great! I'll put you in for section 28 as soon as you let me know what you'd like your catalog name to be. ;)

Be sure you get the OK on your 1-minute test before you start recording. Thanks!
Oh, good! It looks like the section I want to claim is still open... So if you'd like to list me as the reader for Section 28, "OddGirlie" is the catalog name I'd like to use. When I record and state my name, I use the catalog name then as well, yes?

I'm working on getting the OK on my 1-minute test... I was instructed to play with the noise removal removal settings and re-uploaded it a few minutes ago. :D
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

OddGirlie wrote:
ElleyKat wrote: Great! I'll put you in for section 28 as soon as you let me know what you'd like your catalog name to be. ;)

Oh, good! It looks like the section I want to claim is still open... So if you'd like to list me as the reader for Section 28, "OddGirlie" is the catalog name I'd like to use. When I record and state my name, I use the catalog name then as well, yes?

I'm working on getting the OK on my 1-minute test... I was instructed to play with the noise removal removal settings and re-uploaded it a few minutes ago. :D
You got it, OddGirlie. I'll put you in for section 28. :)
~Elley

ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

Looking for someone to take over BCing/DPLing this project, please see my post here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=48753
~Elley

lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

ElleyKat wrote:Looking for someone to take over BCing/DPLing this project, please see my post here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=48753
Hi, Elley and Barry--I would be willing to take over as BC and DPL unless you have someone else in mind. Thanks! :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

lubee930 wrote:
ElleyKat wrote:Looking for someone to take over BCing/DPLing this project, please see my post here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=48753
Hi, Elley and Barry--I would be willing to take over as BC and DPL unless you have someone else in mind. Thanks! :)
Thanks Lucretia - you're a doll. :)
~Elley