[SOLO]The Worst Journey in the World, Vol2 By Cherry-Garrar

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

Damn, missed that. Obviously too keen to get it finished :?

I've solved the audacity problem by downloading the latest version which works
fine. I'll try increasing the volume a little when I resubmit it - probably tomorrow
as I'm busy all day today.

I've also had a message from admin asking me to transfer recent files over
to the new system which I think is going live very soon, today even.

I'll wait until they've finished updating the new system before starting the new
book.

Kevin
The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it. - Terry Pratchett
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

All files now transferred over to new system, from section 19 onwards they will need 'PL OK'ing again. I have resubmitted the last file, section 29, hopefully ok now. Solved my Audacity problem by uploading a new version :)

so, I think that's it.

Look forward to seeing you on the Besant book.

Kevin
The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it. - Terry Pratchett
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Hi Kevin,

Glad you got things squared away with the volume and it's good with section 29 but it's still in stereo.
Laura
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

WHAT?? It wasn't when it left me! I'll double check tomorrow (if I have time - hospital appt!! :shock:

I wonder if it's something to do with the new uploader getting confused

Kevin
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Hi guys. I haven't been abducted by aliens, just had terrible compter problems for the past 7 days: ;no computer..... it is in the shop. Anyway, when it returns I will gleefuly catalog this. (using a borrowed chromebook) Great Job :thumbs: on a terible journey. what persistencee.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Those darned aliens. You've got to watch out for them...never know what kind of mischief they will be about.

Well, I was just coming in here, Phil, to see if you could download Kevin's file to check and see if my computer is just not playing nice with his new file and refusing to recognize it as in mono, because it's still showing stereo on my end. I even opened it up in Audacity to double-check thinking maybe the Checker was misreading it.

He's uploaded twice and it doesn't make sense to upload again if my computer is the issue...Advice please???

Kevin, I hope everything went well with the appointment and you're finally getting some much needed answers.

Phil, hope the aliens relent and deliver your computer back in very fine shape.
Laura
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

lvictoria wrote: Well, I was just coming in here, Phil, to see if you could download Kevin's file to check and see if my computer is just not playing nice with his new file and refusing to recognize it as in mono, because it's still showing stereo on my end. I even opened it up in Audacity to double-check thinking maybe the Checker was misreading it.

He's uploaded twice and it doesn't make sense to upload again if my computer is the issue...Advice please???

I can't download it because chromebook cannot run apps like Audacity. What program is he using to record edit and save?
maybe there is a clue there.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I downloaded 29 and it is indeed in stereo. Is this the first time this has happened? If so, what did you do differently?
If no immediate solution presents itself, I will convert it to mono and upload it myself to see what happens. But not until the reason is found. let me know.
Oh, and I do indeed have my computer back and running. Costly but well worth it. :roll:
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

That is very weird. It definitely left me as mono as I converted the original Audacity file to mono (again) and uploaded it with the new uploader. Could the newly uploaded files be lurking somewhere where they shouldn't be?
Kevin
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

Hmmm. Just downloaded the file I uploaded, and it is indeed in stereo. :hmm:

I wonder - this is the first file I've uploaded since I installed the latest version of Audacity. Even though I
did the stereo to mono conversion, am I missing something?

Kevin
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

Been having a fiddle with the new Audacity. I've found a button in Preferences which shows exactly what will be exported before you press enter, and that seems to do the trick. Anyhow, I've reexported it and reuploaded it AGAIN so try this one:

http://dev.librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/worstjourneyintheworldvolume2_29_cherry_garrard.mp3

Kevin
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

WooHoo!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: We are in mono and ready for cataloging!! :D

Looking forward to the Annie Besant project!
Laura
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

At Last!!! :9:

Kevin
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

boojumuk wrote:At Last!!! :9:

Kevin
We are still in a holding pattern for cataloging but I will take care of this worthy project as soon as they let us. :thumbs: and congtats from me to