LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 11:59 am

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Post Posted:: August 14th, 2013, 4:59 pm 

Zapiski Ohotnika by Ivan Turgenev (1818 - 1883) .

Quote:
Записки охотника — цикл рассказов Ивана Сергеевича Тургенева, печатавшихся в 1847—1851 году в журнале «Современник» и выпущенных отдельным изданием в 1852 году. Три рассказа написаны и присоединены автором к сборнику значительно позже. У исследователей нет единого мнения по поводу жанровой принадлежности произведений, включённых в книгу: их называют и очерками, и рассказами. Литературный критик Белинский об этих рассказах писал, что «между ними нет ни одного, который бы чем-нибудь не был интересен, занимателен и поучителен». (из Википедии)

• Text source (only read from this text!): http://rvb.ru/turgenev/tocvol_03.htm
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project: Short Stories

Keywords that describe the book:

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Записки Охотника, часть [порядковый номер]. - Эта звукозапись сделана для сайта ЛибриВокс. Все звукозаписи ЛибриВокс являются общественным достоянием. Для более подробной информации или регистрации в качестве волонтера, пожалуйста посетите вэб-сайт: librivox ТОЧКА org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Звукозапись сделал[а] [Ваше имя]"
    • Say:
      "Иван Сергеевич Тургенев, Записки Охотника. Часть [порядковый номер], [Заголовок рассказа]"

END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "Конец [порядковый номер] части"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Звукозапись сделана [Ваше имя], [город, Ваш блог, подкаст, адрес Вашего вэб-сайта]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "Конец Записок Охотника Ивана Сергеевича Тургенева."

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename zapiskiohotnika_##_turgenev_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. zapiskiohotnika_01_turgenev_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Ivan Turgenev
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Zapiski Ohotnika

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lezer
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below

Last edited by tovarisch on November 28th, 2015, 6:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post Posted:: August 15th, 2013, 9:45 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Tovarisch,
Interesting - I see you're starting 2 solo projects, and some ingenious detective work (a.k.a. just reading the posts) leads me to deduct that it will be the same stories in the original Russian and in an English translation. Sounds like a good plan!

I can be your MC for this project, and if it's OK by you, I can pick up the English language solo as well.

Post Posted:: August 15th, 2013, 9:53 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Just a quick question while I'm setting the project up in the database: can you please make sure that the text source you are reading from is in the public domain as well?

I don't really read Russian, but I can see the year 1979, and at the bottom of the page I can see a copyright sign... We're not supposed to read from modern editions - unless you're absolutely sure it's an unchanged reprint of the original.
So - could you hunt around online whether there is a good old version available somewhere? Or if not, please verify that you can use the text in the link...

Post Posted:: August 15th, 2013, 9:56 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

I found some other links of the same text (I think :wink: ) - perhaps you could check these out as well, to find which one would be best:

http://ilibrary.ru/text/1204/index.html

http://ru.wikisource.org/wiki/%D0%97%D0%B0%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%B8_%D0%BE%D1%85%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B0_%28%D0%A2%D1%83%D1%80%D0%B3%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%B2%29

http://az.lib.ru/t/turgenew_i_s/text_0080.shtml

Post Posted:: August 15th, 2013, 10:10 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

So - your project is all ready to start - you have your very own MW and everything.

One last thing: I suggest you use the Russian version of the LV disclaimer, instead of the English one. Would be a bit strange to have the English one here.

A Russian translation can be found here:
http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/LibriVox_disclaimer#Russian

If you copy this to your first post in the correct position, it will be a help for you and for the PL-er. (You can edit your first post by clicking the "edit" button in the upper right corner).

I believe this is going to be your first solo, right? In a solo, you are your own BC, so you keep the MW up to date and everything. I will send you a PM with information on how to update the MW.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Oh, and let's hope a DPL-er comes along to help us with this project!

Post Posted:: August 15th, 2013, 10:26 am 

Hi Anna,

Thanks for picking it up.

As far as Russian copyright goes, I think it's OK, the electronic text on the site (for which the copyright sign you see at the bottom of http://ilibrary.ru/text/1204/index.html is) has been obtained from the 1979 edition of complete works of Turgenev, published by "Nauka" publisher, and individual stories' initial publishing dates are known, and all fall within Turgenev's life, which is XIX century. Whether they are unchanged from the originals, I'll try to verify. If we can obtain scans of the original magazines, it might be best, of course.

I'll edit the disclaimer, as well.

Post Posted:: August 15th, 2013, 10:40 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Perhaps take a look at the wikisource site (see above)? That looks like it's OK.

Oh, and in the database I entered the project with the title of the book in Cyrillic characters, followed by (Zapiski Ohotnika) - the new database seems to be handling the Cyrillics OK, and when the new search function of the new catalog is finished we can test whether a search for Записки will work - that would be nice...

Post Posted:: August 15th, 2013, 11:52 am 

I've started my research and the editorial intro (http://www.rvb.ru/turgenev/03article/editorial_1.htm) states that (on the second page, my translation from Russian) "As a rule, all texts published by Turgenev himself when he was living, are being printed according to the last authorized edition. [...] From the text of the edition adopted for printing, based on comparison of all sources, are removed all censors' changes, editors' changes introduced without consulting with Turgenev, typos and other deviations from the true author's copy.
Turgenev's texts (both in Russian and foreign languages) are printed according to the rules of modern orthography and punctuation preserving some peculiarities reflecting the norms of language contemporary to Turgenev, or specific to him."

Not sure whether it's needed now or we could do it at the time of cataloging - I'd like to link the two books by maybe mentioning "Sportsman's Sketches" in this project so that anybody, having found the Russian text, could easily find the English translation as well... The English version will probably retain the Russian title in the description. What do you think?

Post Posted:: August 15th, 2013, 12:21 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Well, it's probably alright about the text...

About linking the two projects: sure, I was planning to. For now, you could put a link in the first post of the thread from one thread to the other. Once they are in the catalog, I will be able to add in a special link between the two projects. Also in the new catalog, that will be ready in a few weeks, there is a neat author page for each author, listing all works we have at LV - so people can easily find the two versions that way as well.

Post Posted:: August 15th, 2013, 12:35 pm 

Let me be DPLer, please. In Russian it be easier for me. :)

Post Posted:: August 15th, 2013, 2:28 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Hello Nastya,
Great! I'm sure Tovarisch will be happy to welcome you as DPL - I'll enter it in the database. Have you seen all the information about the new system? I guess no one can have missed that :D But let me know if you have trouble getting into the new MW.

Post Posted:: August 15th, 2013, 2:29 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Let's move to Going Solo now!

Post Posted:: August 16th, 2013, 12:26 pm 

Hello and welcome!

I've tested access to the MW, worked fine for me. I'm still learning, and as the next step I'll put the names of the sections there.

Nastya, great to have you on board! Anna, thanks for your help so far. Let's roll! :thumbs:

Post Posted:: August 19th, 2013, 8:58 pm 

OK, here goes...

Хорь и Калиныч : http://dev.librivox.org/uploads/lezer/zapiskiohotnika_01_turgenev_128kb.mp3 (25:57), and I'm going to put it in MW now...

Hopefully the new uploader worked OK for me :|

Post Posted:: August 20th, 2013, 5:44 am 

lezer, thanks, I don't have any problems with MW. I already DPL some other project too. :)

tovarisch
Section 1 - PL OK. Great reading! :D

Btw I found this:
http://archive.org/details/polnoesobraneso01turggoog

How I can see it is the same (except for pre-revolutionary Russian :lol: ).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next