[SOLO] Handbook of Nature-Study Pt.2 ans

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Sarah - I can't access the MW. Can you work your magic so I can edit it? Thx.
Jill
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Sarah - I can't access the MW. Can you work your magic so I can edit it? Thx.
Jill
smijen

Post by smijen »

Sorry again - these temporary passwords are starting to drive me nuts, but hopefully not much longer now!
Should work for you now. :)
Android users - try Orthografiend, a free word game from the maker of Checker.
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Hello! At last, I have completed the first section of Handbook of Nature-Study Part 2! Here it is for your proof listening please at duration 18:05:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/sj/handbookofnaturestudy_042_comstock.mp3

Thanks very much!

Jill :)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

:clap:
First section of this second part: PL OK :D
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

:mrgreen:
smijen

Post by smijen »

Go, Jill! :clap:
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Hello! Long time no upload! ;) I have had a cold which means I haven't been able to record which shouldn't have been an excuse for this section taking so long because I recorded it BEFORE the cold. However, not recording seems to have made me have no motivation for editing, so here we are a month later and I'm finally turning in my next section. I will also admit that the fish chapters are less interesting to me so that might also explain a bit of my lack of motivation in the editing department. So, anyway, all that being said, here is section 043:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/sj/handbookofnaturestudy_043_comstock.mp3
Duration 12:08

Thanks! Hope you are both well!
Jill
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Jill!

I hope you have recovered from the cold alright! :D
Section 43 is PL OK!
Maybe it would give you some extra motivation to know that fish is a quite favourite subject of mine and I will be extra enjoying these cute sections!
I also looked up the quoted book and looks interesting! http://archive.org/details/fishstoriesalleg00hold
I'm not a frequent recording reader but I added the title in my "will consider recording" list :D
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Oh good. I will take extra inspiration from that! That's exciting that you found a possible book to record, it looks fun. My cold is mostly gone, although I did a bit of recording last night and I can hear it in my voice a little bit still. Hopefully no one else will notice too much. I'll get more fish stories coming your way soon! Thanks for the encouragement Rapunzelina! :)

Jill
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Hi Sarah!

So, I'm wondering... if our numbering system for this book going to work in the new management system? Let me know if we need to talk about changing it. When you have time, no rush! Just wanted to ask while I was thinking about it.

Jill
smijen

Post by smijen »

I think it will still work, but I'll ask for second opinions in the admin forum. However... I may wait a week or so until some of the madness has subsided!
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

smijen wrote:I think it will still work, but I'll ask for second opinions in the admin forum. However... I may wait a week or so until some of the madness has subsided!
Sounds good to ask for second opinions and to wait until the madness has subsided. :) Thanks Sarah.

Jill
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Hi Sarah and Rapunzelina! Just wanted to check in and say that my recording room has been temporarily taken over by a litter of four kittens and their mama who I am fostering. At first when they were smaller I could still record with them up there but now they are busy, busy, busy and the cause is hopeless. Still trying to think of another place in my house that I can record, but it might be a few more weeks before I get anything produced again. Didn't want you to think I was purposely neglecting you! :)

Jill
smijen

Post by smijen »

How cute! You could commiserate with RuthieG. She has two new kitties in the house.