[COMPLETE]The Mermaid by Lily Dougall - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

dread wrote:If Section 25 is still available, I would like to read it.

-- Bill
Sure thing, Bill - section 25 is all yours. Thanks for claiming. :)
~Elley

I've had a death in the family and won't be around Librivox much for the next while. I'll be back ... when I'm back. I appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. :)
dread

Post by dread »

The range of literature is as wide as humanity. It touches every feeling, every hope, every craving of the human heart. -- David Jordan
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

dread wrote:Here is Section 25.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/mermaid_25_dougall.mp3

17:13

-- Bill
Thanks Bill. I've put this section into the MW for PL. :D
~Elley

I've had a death in the family and won't be around Librivox much for the next while. I'll be back ... when I'm back. I appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. :)
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

dread wrote:Here is Section 25.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/mermaid_25_dougall.mp3

17:13

-- Bill
Section 25 is PL OK! Thanks Bill! :clap:
~Elley

ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

MW updated for changeover. YAY!
~Elley

dread

Post by dread »

Can I read Section 26?

-- Bill
The range of literature is as wide as humanity. It touches every feeling, every hope, every craving of the human heart. -- David Jordan
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

dread wrote:Can I read Section 26?

-- Bill
Absolutely! Thanks for claiming. :)
~Elley

dread

Post by dread »

ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

dread wrote:Here is Section 26.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/mermaid_26_dougall.mp3

8:29

-- Bill
Thanks Bill! I've put this in the MW for PL. :D
~Elley

SeanReads

Post by SeanReads »

here is chapter 5
sorry it has taken me longer then I thought it would but I thank you for your patients :) and I should have the next two up shortly

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/Mermaid_05_dougall.mp3
Sean Rethmeier
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

SeanReads wrote:here is chapter 5
sorry it has taken me longer then I thought it would but I thank you for your patients :) and I should have the next two up shortly

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/Mermaid_05_dougall.mp3
Thanks Sean! What's the run time on this, please?
The first couple of sections always take the longest, and then you sort of find your groove. I'll PL (proof listen) this today - check back here a bit later for either a PL OK message or any edits needed. :D
~Elley

ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

Sean - you did a lovely job of reading chapter 5. Just a few small edits needed:

--- At the beginning, you've put in some (very nice) bubbling and waves sound effects. These need to be taken out as sound effects are against the general guidelines of LV. (A shame, because what a fun background sound for the title! But there you have it.)

--- At the end, you have about 8 seconds of silence. Please cut this to 5 seconds.

And that's it! Also, it sounds like you're pronouncing "Caius" as "Canus" in chapter 5. Maybe you're saying "kay-us"? Most people have been saying either "kay-us" or "ki-us". There's no set rule on pronounciation so I'm not going to say "Go change the whole thing!" but possible in future chapters (if not yet recorded) try not to make it sound like you snuck an "n" in there? ;)

Once you're made the edits (removing background sound effects and shortening the silence at the end), please reuploaded the edited file with the same file name, and post in this thread that it's been uploaded. :D I'll then give it a spot check. Thanks Sean!!
~Elley

ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

dread wrote:Here is Section 26.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/mermaid_26_dougall.mp3

8:29

-- Bill
Section 26 is PL OK. Sorry it took me so long to PL, Bill, I sort of forgot about you. :oops: Excellent job!! :clap:
~Elley

dread

Post by dread »

Could I take Section 27?

-- Bill
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

dread wrote:Could I take Section 27?

-- Bill
You got it, Bill. I'll put you in the MW as soon as I have access to a computer that will let me (my work computer runs IE8 and hates the MW)
~Elley