[SOLO]The Worst Journey in the World, Vol2 By Cherry-Garrar

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Hi Kevin,

I first ran into Annie Besant when I DPL'd her autobiography and found her to be a remarkable woman so if you don't mind having me along as DPL, I'd be very interested in listening to your next project.
Laura
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

Excellent! I'd love you to. It could be a bit hard going as there are lots of quotations
both from the bible and from other sceptics, so I'll have to work out how to do those -
I'm not doing different voices for all those!! :D

Kevin
The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it. - Terry Pratchett
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it. - Terry Pratchett
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

boojumuk wrote:It could be a bit hard going as there are lots of quotations
both from the bible and from other sceptics, so I'll have to work out how to do those -
I'm not doing different voices for all those!! :D
I can understand that, although you do different voices so well! :clap: Sounds like with the next project the old stand-by of "quote/end quote" may do the trick. Whatever you come up with, I'll be looking forward to listening.

In the meantime, section 23 is PL OK!!
Laura
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

Yes, definitely quote/end quote I think.

Anyhow, here's the first half of the penultimate chapter - I'm really not looking forward to reading the second half :cry:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/phi/worstjourneyintheworldvolume2-24_cherry-garrard.mp3

time 18:44

Kevin
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

The tears started at the end of part one. They will flow freely with part two, I'm quite sure. I'm amazed that these men kept going under such harsh conditions and their bodies in such bad shape. Makes one think twice before wanting to complain about something...

24 is PL OK!!
Laura
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Beautifully read and is PL OK. :cry:
Laura
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

26 & 27 are PL OK!! Very nearly to the finish line...
Laura
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Hi Kevin,

Section 28 is PL OK!!

Just a heads up that I'll be traveling tomorrow and Saturday, so if you post the last file during that time I may be a little delayed in getting in PL'd.
Laura
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

No Problem. There's no rush. And here it is, the final section. It's been a long haul, but I've enjoyed it. :clap:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/phi/worstjourneyintheworldvolume2-29_cherry-garrard.mp3

time 22:47

One minor technical point, either my Audacity or my Mike have suddenly decided to go quiet, so I've had to amplify the final recording to get it up to the level of the previous ones. I hope it sounds the same at your end. I'm investigating what the problem is, but no luck so far - any ideas? :hmm:
Just checked the mike on my laptop and it's fine, so must be either my pc or the program.

I look forward to working with you again on the Besant book. :)

Kevin
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Hi Kevin,

I'm back in town and back at my listening post.

The last section is PL OK but it's in stereo rather than mono. As I listened it did sound quieter than your other files so I ran it through Mp3Gain and it's only 84.5 and should be closer to 89. Once you're in mono and amplified a bit more you'll be ready for cataloging.

This has been such an interesting book and your narration was brilliant!!
Laura