Very dumb q - ipod?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
vidalia11

Post by vidalia11 »

For books in progress where chapters are available for listening, is there a way to put them on an Ipod? I can't figure out if it's possible. Thanks for any advice.

Karen
kayray

Post by kayray »

Right-click on a "listen" link and save the mp3 to your hard drive. Drag it into iTunes. Drag it into a playlist your iPod syncs, or otherwise tell your iPod to sync it -- whatever your method is :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
GlassMask

Post by GlassMask »

I picked up my iPod last month specifically to listen to podcasts and LibriVox files, and soon discovered that iTunes' interface tripled the amount of time it took to just drag and drop files into place. A little digging turned up several other iPod management programs, most free.

I've been using Yamipod (Yet Another Manager for IPOD, and it's quick to learn and easy to use. The only problem is that my I pod now freezes the first time I use it after each upload/download/charge. Of course, now I know how to reboot an iPod. . . ^_^

Ted
"To those who accept their fate, happiness. To those who defy their fate, glory."
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

Mask o' Glass wrote:I picked up my iPod last month specifically to listen to podcasts and LibriVox files, and soon discovered that iTunes' interface tripled the amount of time it took to just drag and drop files into place. A little digging turned up several other iPod management programs, most free.

I've been using Yamipod (Yet Another Manager for IPOD, and it's quick to learn and easy to use. The only problem is that my I pod now freezes the first time I use it after each upload/download/charge. Of course, now I know how to reboot an iPod. . . ^_^

Ted
You'll have to speak with tech support for your unit or find a Forum wfor Yamipod and ask there. Feel certain you're not the only one. Good luck! :D
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
vidalia11

Post by vidalia11 »

This is exactly what I cannot do -- save it as an mp3. When I right-click, it asks whether I want to save the link (not save the target or the file)...???

Karen

kayray wrote:Right-click on a "listen" link and save the mp3 to your hard drive. Drag it into iTunes. Drag it into a playlist your iPod syncs, or otherwise tell your iPod to sync it -- whatever your method is :)
kayray

Post by kayray »

Tell it yes. Save link.
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
vidalia11

Post by vidalia11 »

kayray wrote:Tell it yes. Save link.
OK!!! It works! Thanks for answering my question. :-)

Karen