COMPLETE [LATIN:poetry] Eclogae, Publii Vergili Maronis - lz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
smarties

Post by smarties »

Hi I have recorded the first eclogae meliboeus and titirus, but I don't know what to say at the end of the first section. I can't say "finis eclogae one" because there is another section. Shall I say nothing at all?
As soon as you replay, I will send you the eclogae.
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't reply! Just give the LibriVox disclaimer at the beginning and end of the first section, and I will edit it together. :)
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
hefyd

Post by hefyd »

Hi -I'd like to do Eclogue 10. I haven't done any recordings before and will see how it goes, but if it goes ok,and you're happy with it, I'll do the rest of the unclaimed ones.Vale ! Hefyd
smarties

Post by smarties »

Here is the link, I hope it'll be ok, let me know if I have to edit some parts.
martina
http://download.yousendit.com/F27DDBFA6C863857
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

hefyd wrote:Hi -I'd like to do Eclogue 10. I haven't done any recordings before and will see how it goes, but if it goes ok,and you're happy with it, I'll do the rest of the unclaimed ones.Vale ! Hefyd
Sure thing! :) We will take this one step at a time though -- but your enthusiasm is hugely appreciated. I'm excited to hear your rendition!
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
hefyd

Post by hefyd »

Ave Caeristhiona - I've finished eclogue 10 and will try to send it. I'm no authority, but I think the Latin disclaimer could be improved, and I'd suggest the following :

1) This is a Librivox recording.....

Hoc acroama Librivoci est. Omnia Librivocis acroamata in usum publicum sunt.Si de aliquo certior fieri vis, aut conscribere vis, veni sodes ad Librivox-punctum-org.

'hoc' can be pronounced as 'hoke' or 'hokk' - both are ok, I think

2) This recording is by ....

Hoc acroama a (name) est.

3) This is the [tenth and final] eclogue from the Bucolics of Virgil

Haec est ecloga [decima et ultima] ex Bucolicon Publii Virgili Maronis.

4) End of [poem/eclogue etc]

Finis [poematis/eclogae etc]

I think 'finis' is sposed to be pronounced 'feenis'

I've used these phrases in my recording, but have given the English as well.Should Virgil be Vergil or Virgil ? Both seem to be right.

Hope the recording comes through ok. Let me know if you want any more done.

Vale, et vivat Librivox ! Hefyd
hefyd

Post by hefyd »

This recording is by .....

Should be : Hoc acroama a [name] [/u] factum est . Hefyd[/u]
hefyd

Post by hefyd »

Hi Caeristhiona -I've sent eclogue 10 -this is the link. Hefyd

http://download.yousendit.com/BB035AB570DF73B6
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

hefyd wrote:Ave Caeristhiona - I've finished eclogue 10 and will try to send it. I'm no authority, but I think the Latin disclaimer could be improved, and I'd suggest the following :

1) This is a Librivox recording.....

Hoc acroama Librivoci est. Omnia Librivocis acroamata in usum publicum sunt.Si de aliquo certior fieri vis, aut conscribere vis, veni sodes ad Librivox-punctum-org.

'hoc' can be pronounced as 'hoke' or 'hokk' - both are ok, I think

2) This recording is by ....

Hoc acroama a (name) est.

3) This is the [tenth and final] eclogue from the Bucolics of Virgil

Haec est ecloga [decima et ultima] ex Bucolicon Publii Virgili Maronis.

4) End of [poem/eclogue etc]

Finis [poematis/eclogae etc]

I think 'finis' is sposed to be pronounced 'feenis'

I've used these phrases in my recording, but have given the English as well.Should Virgil be Vergil or Virgil ? Both seem to be right.

Hope the recording comes through ok. Let me know if you want any more done.

Vale, et vivat Librivox ! Hefyd
Oh, thank you! This is fabulous. :) We already have a couple recordings with the old one -- but honestly, this is better than what I had. (See, this is why I need a proof-reader for my Latin.) Mind if I put this in the first post for new volunteers?

BTW, if you have already recorded a section with the old Latin disclaimer, have no worries. :)
-- Jeffrey Rowland
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Two sections are already done!
Please sign me up to proofread the project!
hefyd

Post by hefyd »

Hi Caeristhiona -aye, of course - with just the proviso that I missed 'factum' out of no. 2, which should read :

This recording is by....

Hoc acroama a (ab before vowels) [name] factum est

Hefyd
cberrius

Post by cberrius »

I was just about to write a post on the disclaimer when I saw Hefyd's text, which I also like. (Somehow managed to get out of grad school in Classics without Latin prose comp, but I know it when I see it...).

Sorry for the delay: I've been overproducing a very small bit in Garageband; I'll go back to Audacity and get 8b done and posted.

Berry
cberrius

Post by cberrius »

I was just about to write a post on the disclaimer when I saw Hefyd's text, which I also like. (Somehow managed to get out of grad school in Classics without Latin prose comp, but I know it when I see it...).

Sorry for the delay: I've been overproducing a very small bit in Garageband; I'll go back to Audacity and get 8b done and posted.

Berry
cberrius

Post by cberrius »

Sorry for the delay: I've been overproducing a very small bit in Garageband; I'll go back to Audacity and get 8b done and posted. And then I can speak for some more sections as well.

Berry
cberrius

Post by cberrius »

(ah, PHP errors)

Berry