wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Thank you!
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

John Lincoln is PL OK!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I must add here a fact for general information. Thomas More actually had 3 daughters: Margaret who marryed William Roper and is the best known, Elizabeth and Cicely. He also had a son. Through one of his daughters, I think it was Elizabeth but am not sure, he was the great uncle of the poet John Donne.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Thank you, Stav! That's really interesting and I did not know that! I knew he had more than the one daughter who's depicted in A Man for All Seasons, but I didn't know he had three.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Most welcomed. He was an interesting man. Unlike most men of that age, he really loved his wives. But I would not go into that now.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
catrose

Post by catrose »

Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Thanks, Cat! I'm out of town this week but will PL these when I get home.
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

miss stav wrote:Most welcomed. He was an interesting man. Unlike most men of that age, he really loved his wives. But I would not go into that now.
Hilary Mantel's portrayal of More in Wolf Hall is less than complimentary... her version of More sees marriage as a means to an end, rather than as romantic. Very different from the romantic tradition surrounding More! :)
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

Clown
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/al/sirthomasmore_clown_2.mp3
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/al/sirthomasmore_clown_3.mp3

Please let me know if the quality is too awful - having some mic problems. I *think* it should be OK?
~Elley

I've had a death in the family and won't be around Librivox much for the next while. I'll be back ... when I'm back. I appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. :)
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Thanks, Elley! I'll give it a listen soon. Did you miss the lines in Act 4, or are those coming later?
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

wildemoose wrote:Thanks, Elley! I'll give it a listen soon. Did you miss the lines in Act 4, or are those coming later?
Blech. Accidentally tacked Act 4 (2 lines) to the end of Act 3. Want me to fix and reupload?
~Elley

I've had a death in the family and won't be around Librivox much for the next while. I'll be back ... when I'm back. I appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. :)
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Thanks, Michele!

Elley, if you could, that would be great, if only because there's no way I'm going to remember this conversation in 18 months or so when this thing finally gets to editing stages. :)
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

~Elley

aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thanks Michelle and Elly. I've updated the MW in Arielle`s absence.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!