COMPLETE: Much Ado About Nothing by W. Shakespeare - ek

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mb

Post by mb »

Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616) .

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/much-ado-about-nothing-version-2-by-william-shakespeare/
Much Ado About Nothing is generally considered one of Shakespeare’s best comedies, because it combines elements of robust hilarity with more serious meditations on honor, shame, and court politics. Much Ado About Nothing chronicles two pairs of lovers: Benedick and Beatrice (the main couple), and Claudio and Hero (the secondary couple). Benedick and Beatrice are engaged in a very "merry war"; they are both very witty and proclaim their disdain of love. In contrast, Claudio and Hero are sweet young people who are rendered practically speechless by their love for one another. Although the young lovers Hero and Claudio provide the main impetus for the plot, the courtship between the wittier, wiser lovers Benedick and Beatrice is what makes Much Ado About Nothing so memorable. Benedick and Beatrice argue with delightful wit, and Shakespeare develops their journey from antagonism to sincere love and affection with a rich sense of humor and compassion. (Summary by Wikipedia, to be made much better later.)
  1. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.
    Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  2. How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here

To find a role to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which role you'd like to read. Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  3. New to recording?

Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://shakespeare.mit.edu/much_ado/index.html
  5. Please claim roles (the numbers in the first column below)! Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.

If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

======================================================

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    =======================================================

Genres for the project:
    comedy, play, romance

Keywords that describe the book/play:
    play; drama; romance; comedy
  6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

Submit one file per act.
  7. Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    [Role], read by [your name].

If you are reading stage directions, please include for each file:
    At the beginning: Act [#] of Much Ado About Nothing , by William Shakespeare . This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

At the end: End of Act [#]. At the end of the play, add End of Much Ado About Nothing , by William Shakespeare .

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:
    Save files as 128 kbps MP3 muchadoaboutnothing_role_#.mp3 (all lower-case), where # is the act number.
    ID3 V2 tags: Not needed for individual parts.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: ek - gloriana
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
[/list]

Any questions? Please post below or PM me.
Last edited by mb on June 8th, 2013, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hallejk

Post by hallejk »

I absoloutly have to DPL this! One of my favorites! Will you take me?
Halle Kill
I'm going to be away from LV for a while. I have had some serious family things come up and LV is to much at the moment.
mb

Post by mb »

Yes, please, that would be wonderful!
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

I know most don't like claims before the MW is up but I'd love to read Hero (I know most jump at Beatrice).
mb

Post by mb »

Excellent, thanks!

Elizabeth and I are going to read Beatrice and Benedick, in a staggeringly unexpected bit of M̶C̶/̶B̶C̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶v̶i̶l̶e̶g̶e̶ casting. Come one, come all!
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Sign me up for anything! I love this play. :)
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

May I read Ursula? :D
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

I will get the MW before bed tonight, I promise!
mb

Post by mb »

wildemoose wrote:Sign me up for anything! I love this play. :)
Would you like Margaret? She's pretty great. Or something bigger? I'm not a stickler for gender-specific casting, of course.
WoollyBee wrote:May I read Ursula? :D
You certainly may! Thanks!
mb

Post by mb »

gloriana wrote:I will get the MW before bed tonight, I promise!
No pressure at all!
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

OK, all set up! :)
mb

Post by mb »

Awesome, thanks!
hggarrett

Post by hggarrett »

May I read Don Pedro? Or if you'd rather a guy read it, perhaps a messenger?

Grace
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Sure, Margaret would be great!