COMPLETE [SCIFI] The Mummy! a tale of the 22nd century-alg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

hi all i don't have an opinion, except to reiterate LibriVox requirement that: the audio must conform to the text, and be understandable.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Arnie, you can do a solo version of the project if you want or a dramatic work of it. I don't encourage the dramatic work route; they are a tremendous amount of work. We don't mind having more than one version of a book as you know.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Arnieh

Post by Arnieh »

Well Hugh, didn't say anything about having more than one voice per recording. What can we infer from his silence? :hmm:

Don't think I'd want to do another version of this one. Therefore, I say, let's make this one the best it can be. :thumbs:
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I'm BCing and MCing it. One voice per file. That's it.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Arnieh

Post by Arnieh »

alg1001 wrote:I'm BCing and MCing it. One voice per file. That's it.
I see you will not be moved. You can't say I didn't try. :D I am washing my hands (symbolically washes hands) of the affair. I shall not speak of it again.
cslowber

Post by cslowber »

Hi there. I am so sorry it has taken me so long to do anything on here. :oops: Just to let you know, I haven't forgotten. I have recorded my section. I just need to edit it a bit, and then I will get it uploaded. Thanks!
Cheryl
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

No worries, Cheryl.
Thanks for letting me know! :D
cslowber

Post by cslowber »

Believe it or not... I have FINALLY uploaded my assigned section 15! :D It is 24:40. Hopefully, I did it right. Fingers crossed!
Also, it is my first upload, so could you please list me in the catalogue as Cheryl Lowber? Thanks!

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/alg/mummy_15_loudon.mp3

Cheryl

P.S. Sorry it took so long! :oops:
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Cheryl,

I'm glad you have it in. Congratulations on your first recorded chapter. I bet it's great.

Thanks!
-Amy :D
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Section 10 Strange. It seems from the past posts that I've already PLed it and yet I found some problems here:
- the volume level is uneven, sometimes too loud, and sometimes too quiet. A good idea would be to make it more uniform. There's a video by Phil where this simple procedure is explained.
- there are almost 20 seconds of silence at the end. 10 is enough.
Other than that, it's all good :thumbs:

Section 15
- the end silence is too long; 5 seconds is enough. Other than that, all's great. Very expressive reading :thumbs:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
cslowber

Post by cslowber »

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/alg/mummy_15_loudon.mp3

OK. I think I fixed it. It should now run at 24:37. Thanks!

Cheryl
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Section 24 is PL OK :thumbs:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

May I sign up for section 26?
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Rapunzelina,
You sure can.
Thanks!
Amy :D
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Amy!

I used the uploader that was linked in the first post. It was the old uploader. Would you prefer that I use the new uploader?

Here's the link: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/alg/mummy_26_loudon.mp3
duration 38:46

May I continue with sections 27, 28?