Hello

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Hana

Post by Hana »

I was delighted to find your site. A passionate lover of books, I admire the work you are doing here and hope to contribute. I am familiarizing myself with the process and would welcome any advice or guidance.
Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life ~ Mark Twain
ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro »

Hello Hana san,

Welcome to LibriVox. I hope you enjoy it here.

Do you know Japanese or Korean?
'Hana' means 'flower' in Japanese.
'Hana' means 'one' in Korean.

Your next step is one minute test.

Cheers,
Masa
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hi Hana
Welcome to our communities of book fans :)
The test Masa san mentioned is described in detail here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test You'll also find there the tech specs which we want all the files to adhere to, as well as the info on how to upload the thing.
Once your test file has been OKed, you can record whatever you want, as long as it can be demonstrated to be in the Public Domain in the US (that is published before 1923).

Have fun :)
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Hello, Hana! Thanks for joining us! We look forward to hearing your contributions. Check out the link(s) in my signature for some good books to record and section or two out of once you've gotten an OK on your one minute test. Also, check out the LibriVox Book Club!!! Good luck. ;)
Hana

Post by Hana »

Many thanks to all who posted such warm welcomes! The tips, links and hints are much appreciated. I successfully uploaded my 1 minute test with your help.

And regretfully, Masa - I speak only English. But thank you for the translation of my name. I did not know that.

With warm regards,
Hana
Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life ~ Mark Twain