Librivox in my library!

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

I've been talking to the director of my library about podcasting and librivox and he wants me to do a program or possibly series of programs for our patrons about all this new techno-awesomeness that most people haven't figured out yet. First he suggested just a program on podcasting and then I was telling him more about librivox and he said he thought that could be its own program.

He wanted to know if there would be a copyright issue with using "Librivox" in our publicity for the program. I told him I didn't think he'd ever have any copyright problems with Librivox! ;)

This is still in the very very early stages of development and won't happen for months but still, very exciting!
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Wow, that IS exciting! That's really what needs to happen, you know. We need to make the general public aware of what's happening out here. There was a time, and it was not so long ago, when only serious geeks (like me!) actually had a COMPUTER in their home. Now it's unusual to find a home without one.

A bunch of people got iPods and similar players for Christmas. A month has now gone by and they're probably sick of listening to the tunes they have and are casting about for other options. Well we ARE one of those options and I'm certain that folks are being drawn to this. Just look at the burst of volunteers since Christmas.

If we can get LibriVox into the mainstream, it'll become a major force in the electronic landscape - at least for a while. Good going, Annie!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

great project annie, would love to see a movement sweeping libraries around the world: button's: this library reads librivox.
kri

Post by kri »

I can't wait until we get some sort of poster design set for Librivox. I plan on putting something up wherever I can.
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Not only is there a potential for listeners in people who just got iPods, but also all those people who don't realize you don't have to even have an iPod to listen to our stuff! I definitely think if we get the word out in libraries, librivox will spread like wildfire through that community.

I'm definitely eager to have a finished poster. My library is part of a consortium with eight other small public libraries in the St. Louis area. I'd get plenty of posters put up in all nine libraries!

Probably the most exciting thing about all this is that my director is so excited about it. He really wants to be on the cutting edge of library technology and he is very grateful that I've gotten so into all of this stuff.
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman