COMPLETE: A Room with a View by E.M. Forster - al

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Frances, thanks for your lovely offer! I would actually prefer to have male voices for the three remaining roles so I'm going to hold off a little longer to see if anyone comes along. I do currently have roles open in The Miser which are totally gender neutral if you're interested!
francesb

Post by francesb »

Okay!
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

PL Miss Catharine Alan chapter 1 is OK :)

PL Miss Catharine Alan chapter 3:
00:34 - line missing: 'Indeed... ' etc
02:39 - I hear 'mentoring' rather than 'mentioning'
05:04 - line missing: 'Too late... ' etc
The section is a little bit loud (92,7).

Good work!
Kathrine
Maryanka

Post by Maryanka »

Hi,

Here is Miss Catharinealan, ch. 3.I fixed my blind spots that you found :!: :D Thanks, Maryan

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/al/roomwithaview_misscatharinealan_3.mp3
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

PL spot-check Miss Catharine Alan chapter 3: now all the lines are there :) At 02:50 I still hear 'mentoring' instead of 'mentioning', I don't know if you want to fix that too? :)
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

PL Miss Catharine Alan section 18 and 19 are ok :)
I'm trying to learn how I go about 'clearing my caches' in order to spot-check (I think sometimes, somehow the computer is giving me the old file, even when new things have been re-uploaded). Please bear with me, I'll be back to spot-check :)
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Hi Maryan,

I've tried all sorts of things, but I still hear the 'mentoring' in section 3. It might still well be my equipment (or lacking computer-skills) - I don't know if you want to try and re-upload, or maybe we can ask wildemoose to check that particular spot, or just leave it as is?

Regards Kathrine
Kathrine
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

kathrinee wrote:I've tried all sorts of things, but I still hear the 'mentoring' in section 3.
I hope I'm not stepping over the line here but I downloaded the Miss Alan 3, and around 2:52, I heard "positively _sttracted by his mentoring ???" (airs? heirs? ess?). That's using the latest link. I extracted a few seconds around that "mentoring" in question and uploaded it here: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/tests/positively_tracted_by.mp3 . :hmm: Disclaimer: I did not look at the text. Keep in mind my English is not perfect. :|
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thanks tovaricsh :)
Kathrine
rf

Post by rf »

May I please do:

10 Mr. Eager/Powell Chapter 2, 5, 7, 19 available

Thank

rf
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

rf wrote:May I please do:

10 Mr. Eager/Powell Chapter 2, 5, 7, 19 available

Thank

rf
That would be fabulous, thank you!
francesb

Post by francesb »

By the way, you can just PM me if you want me to read for either of the two characters you have open! :wink: Thanks!! This is such a wonderful story; I'm sure you are having a lot of fun with it! :D Great job everyone so far! :clap:
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
Maryanka

Post by Maryanka »

Hi ,

This is so weird! In all 3 recordings I have submitted I heard the word "mentioned" when I listened at home but went ahead and re-recorded. I played it for my husband and he heard " mentioned".So I listened to that clip that was posted this morning and IT DOES sound like I am saying "mentored!" It is crazy! I don 't know what to do and cannot figure out why my "mentioned" turns into "mentored" when the recording has been exported. Has this ever happened to anyone before? I will try again. Yikes :!:

Maryan
Maryanka

Post by Maryanka »

Me again,

I have finally figured out that I have been redoing the wrong sentence: "all on account of S having been Mentioned in the first place" which is further down in the paragraph. Mentioned, mentioning, not even the same word. Duh :!: :oops: i will go back and redo the correct sentence. Sorry folks!

Maryan