COMPLETE [SCIFI] The Mummy! a tale of the 22nd century-alg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Good thinking. You got it! Chapter 11 is yours.

Thanks!
Amy :D
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

Can I have sections 33-36?
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Certainly, Caeristhiona. I will update the MW.

Thanks!
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Arnieh

Post by Arnieh »

Here is chapter 9:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/alg/mummy_09_loudon.mp3

Duration (41:48)

Really getting very interesting and even scary. They've jump started the mummy!
Ah, and I learned it was "evil spirits" that built the pyramids. What an amazing historical fact! :lol: :lol:
Well, I guess it is no more far fetched than aliens or refugees from Atlantis.

I'm ready for chapter 12, the final chapter in volume 1.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Arnie,

I've signed you up for Chapter 12.

Thanks!
Amy
tekksavvy318

Post by tekksavvy318 »

hello admin and Librivoxers,
Unfortunately I don't have a suitable microphone to cancel the echo effects so can you please take my name off this reading...thank you!
Sharing knowledge about people who walk different walks of life is a baby step towards understanding them and librivox is a great platform for just that!
http://tekksavvy.wordpress.com
Arnieh

Post by Arnieh »

It is interesting to note that given the date this was published (1828), her vision of people traveling by balloon in the future would indeed come true to some extent. The golden age of airships starting in 1900 and lasting till around 1940 saw alot of rigid, semi-rigid, and non-rigid airships known as zeppelins, dirigibles, and blimps produced. Some of these were capable of long distance even trans-atlantic flights. The most famous probably being the Hindenberg which could carry 130 passengers and crew. The traveler's balloon is said to use "inflamable gas" which might refer to hydrogen.

She also mentions a plague or disease which apparently killed many people, some 200 years in the past (20th century). There indeed was a great worldwide outbreak of influenza in 1918 that infected more than 500 million people and killed 50 million people.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

tekksavvy318 wrote:hello admin and Librivoxers,
Unfortunately I don't have a suitable microphone to cancel the echo effects so can you please take my name off this reading...thank you!
Okay. Thanks for letting me know.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Arnieh wrote:It is interesting to note that given the date this was published (1828), her vision of people traveling by balloon in the future would indeed come true to some extent. The golden age of airships starting in 1900 and lasting till around 1940 saw alot of rigid, semi-rigid, and non-rigid airships known as zeppelins, dirigibles, and blimps produced. Some of these were capable of long distance even trans-atlantic flights. The most famous probably being the Hindenberg which could carry 130 passengers and crew. The traveler's balloon is said to use "inflamable gas" which might refer to hydrogen.

She also mentions a plague or disease which apparently killed many people, some 200 years in the past (20th century). There indeed was a great worldwide outbreak of influenza in 1918 that infected more than 500 million people and killed 50 million people.

It is interesting with these old books seeing what they got right and what they didn't/.
bebarrett

Post by bebarrett »

Hi Amy,

Please put me down for Section 18 as well. Should be Volume 2 Chapter 6. There's a pretty hilarious speech in there from Lord Doodle or Noodle, one of the Ooodles.

Thanks!

B
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Bridget,

That sounds like fun. I will update the MW.

Thanks!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

bebarrett

Post by bebarrett »

Hello again,

Here is Chapter 8, the track length is 31.54.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/alg/mummy_08_loudon.mp3

Volume 2 seemed to end mid sentance..... :shock: I figure some one probably already noticed that but just in case, yes there appears to be at least 1 page missing.

B
SallyJay

Post by SallyJay »

sorry i saved chapter 3 in wrong format!!

here is chapter 3!
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/alg/mummy_03_loudon.mp3
:mrgreen:
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi SallyJay,

Thanks for sending it in. How long is this recording?

Thanks!