@25:16
@32:10
@37:02,05
Sarah
Jules8

Post by Jules8 »

:oops: Hi:
Resubmitting Chapter 8 and 9 with corrections made. The URL and the Time's are:
File already exists: the original file has been renamed.
Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/empireofrussia_08_abbott.mp3
42:04
Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/empireofrussia_09_abbott.mp3
41:08

Jules

Chapter 8 was corrected and submitted before but I don't think it was received?
Animals have these advantages over man……they have no theologians to instruct them……their funerals cost them nothing, and no one starts law suite over their wills.
Voltaire
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you very much, jules. no need for the oops-smiley!

i also think that the last time you corrected the file, the upload just didnt go through. i hope it will work out better this time :thumbs:
Carolin
Britannia

Post by Britannia »

Hey Jules,

Chapter 8 still has a volume of 94.2dBs. How did you decrease it ? Did you check afterwards with mp3gain as I told you to do ?

Chapter 9 though is PL OK ! :thumbs: Thanks ! :D
Sarah
Jules8

Post by Jules8 »

Hi Britannia:
I have lowered the track and also the mike volume and have listened to the chapter on my iPad and it seems to be OK now.
Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/empireofrussia_08_abbott.mp3
I did the same in Chapter 9
Jules
Please note that the file does not say that it already exists and that the file has been renamed. I tried sending the uploading twice and it still came out as shown above. I hope this does not represents a problem, I don't need more problems.
Animals have these advantages over man……they have no theologians to instruct them……their funerals cost them nothing, and no one starts law suite over their wills.
Voltaire
Britannia

Post by Britannia »

Oooh, I understand now ! You haven't edited the track at all then ! You just lowered the volume on your computer. But you did not make any change to the volume of the track in itself . You did not edit its proprieties/characteristics, in the same way that you do, for example, when you add ID3 tags.

You just need to do what Carolin said : open your file with Audacity, go to effects > amplify and finally enter "- 5 dBs" in the window. And then you save the changes and post your recording. And then it should be. OK :)
Sarah
Jules8

Post by Jules8 »

Hi Britannia:
First of all I have used Apples Garage Band and have been successful until now. I have lowered the volume both in the recording track as well as the Master Track. This will be my last effort. If this does not work, please delete my effort on Chapter 8.
Once again the URL and Time are :
Once again the file has not recorded that the file has been renamed.
Jules
Voltaire
bascomjean

Post by bascomjean »

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm still here! Will be arranging a time to record soon, while the husband watches the baby:)
Jean
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thanks jean, and take your time :)
Carolin
Britannia

Post by Britannia »

Jules, there's no way we're deleting your file !

I could not download your file yesterday because the uploader was down, but now I have it. I looked at it, and it's fine.

So chapter 8 is PL OK ! :mrgreen:

I sincerely hope this minor technical problem did not deterr you off from recording sections for LV, because you make a nice reader. :thumbs:
Sarah
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you britannia :thumbs:
Carolin
Britannia

Post by Britannia »

My pleasure ! (and I mean it) :D
Sarah
Jules8

Post by Jules8 »

:hmm: Hi Carolin:
I must admit I was discouraged as I am trying to do my best, and I do enjoy learning how to record and also read properly. Anyway I am over my feeling and would like to claim Chapter 6. It's a long chapter and might take awhile.
I have another question, who am I supposed to send my uploads to? Is it you or Britainnia.
Oh, In my other readings of both Ukrainian, Russian and Mongol histories, the authors of the different books name the principal players differently and that is where I get confused. One area in particular is the name Georges 1 and then again Georges 2, Genghis Khan son as Octai instead of Ogaudia and the Khans father was Yesugia.

Jules.
Voltaire
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hey jules, the pl notes had nothing to do with your reading at all, it was just the volume. so please dont be discouraged, your reading as such is great!

this project was started as a solo by bascomjean, but she does not have the time now to finish the entire project by herself, so we decided to open it up as a group project. i am coordinating it. britannia is our dpl, so she is listening to all files to make sure they are ok. so you are basically sending the recording to both of us, me as bc and britannia as dpl :)

as to the different names -- i dont really know how to help you there, as i am not that good in that area of history (and i have learned about it mostly in turkey so i bet the names are different again). i can only say, please stick to the names as they are given in the text. the book is so old, that it is no wonder if is is outdated in some (many) parts, but i do hope that everyone can enjoy it anyway.

i will sign you up for section 6. take your time with it, and thanks for claiming! :)
Carolin
Jules8

Post by Jules8 »

:D Hi Carolin:
Chapter 6 is now done and the URL and time is:
Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/empireofrussia_06_abbott.mp3
44:36
I hope I have finally adjusted the volume?
Something seems to be wrong, this is the first time I have sent this file. It seems strange that it is a file that already exists. I did ask for this chapter and was given permission to record it.
Jules
Voltaire