Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

Thank you, Alan and Elizabeth!

I could use a couple male voices to read Knights and also the Chorus parts. Any takers? The "Sirs" in particular would be great for the Knights since they are Arthur's knights but I don't think anyone will be able to tell since it's all in unison.
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Guinevere act I is now PL OK.
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Oh dear. I intended to have a PLing marathon today and catch up on all the new files, but Internet Archive is under maintenance and I can't access the text. I don't know how long it will be that way, but I will PL as soon as I can, and I apologize for being so far behind.
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

Hobbit wrote:Guinevere act I is now PL OK.

Wahoo!
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

Hobbit wrote:Oh dear. I intended to have a PLing marathon today and catch up on all the new files, but Internet Archive is under maintenance and I can't access the text. I don't know how long it will be that way, but I will PL as soon as I can, and I apologize for being so far behind.
*shakes fist at Archive* :)

You're just fine, Eden, dear. No worries! So glad you are feeling a bit better! :)
amaskill

Post by amaskill »

Good morning, looks like you need a narrator (section 23), may I try my hand at it? This would be my first try at a dramatic reading, and I'm not sure I get how this is done as a group. Do I just go through the entire work, reading only my parts and leaving pauses between each for someone else to cut, paste and edit, or is each part a separate uploaded recording?
Thank you!
~ Adrian
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

amaskill wrote:Good morning, looks like you need a narrator (section 23), may I try my hand at it? This would be my first try at a dramatic reading, and I'm not sure I get how this is done as a group. Do I just go through the entire work, reading only my parts and leaving pauses between each for someone else to cut, paste and edit, or is each part a separate uploaded recording?
Thank you!
~ Adrian

Hi, Adrian! Welcome to the wild world of plays and dramatic readings! :) I'll sign you on up for narrator and I'll send you a PM with details but you're on the right track! :)
Vandermast

Post by Vandermast »

I dare say I could squeeze the Gaoler into my hectic schedule if you like. :D
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

Vandermast wrote:I dare say I could squeeze the Gaoler into my hectic schedule if you like. :D
That'd be great - I'll update the MW soon! :)
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

Robert let me know via PM he'll jump in as a male voice for Knights and Chorus. Could use at least one more male voice to finish those 2 up if possible! :)
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

Peter (readbyme) let me know via PM he's going to read for Dagonet. I'll update MW soon!
kiwifirst

Post by kiwifirst »

Hi all. I am a complete newbie, having only joined today. I was quite interested in getting my feet wet initially with some Proof listening. I wanted to ask a question that I couldn't find an answer to on the FAQ.

What is the 'ok' amount of time for a pause? I have had a quick listen to some audio and there are 4 to 5 seconds between paragraphs, so I wanted to find out if there was an agreed time for pausing.
dwarner30uk

Post by dwarner30uk »

09 Sir Lavaine Act II

Shall I perform this small task for you?

David