COMPLETE The Empire of Russia by John S.C. Abbott - ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Jules8

Post by Jules8 »

:DHi Britannia:
I have just completed the corrections to Chapter 7.
I have lowered the volume and corrected repudiation, however I could not figure what was wrong with the one you have listed as 30:57. I had someone listen with me and they couldn't find any thing wrong in that sentence.
Any way here is the URL and Time:
File already exists: the original file has been renamed.
Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/empireofrussia_07_abbott.mp3
39:09

As to the other question I have checked the chronologies of both the Mongols and reigning Russian Dynasty starting from Rurik and have found no King by the name of Georges of Moscow. There are other misnomers, however it would take to long to enumerate them. This is no doubt a Historical novel, but it is still good reading. I happened to come from a Ukrainian background and have had a lot of interest in the reading of other more up to date books.
Jules
Animals have these advantages over man……they have no theologians to instruct them……their funerals cost them nothing, and no one starts law suite over their wills.
Voltaire
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thanks a lot, jules! :D

knowing next to nothing about russian history, i wont comment on the historical accuracy of mr abbott's research ;)
Carolin
Jules8

Post by Jules8 »

:D Hi Carolin:
Have completed Chapter 8 and the URL and Time is:
Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/empireofrussia_08_abbot.mp3
42:04
Jules
I hope I'm improving? :mrgreen:
May I claim Chapter 9
Animals have these advantages over man……they have no theologians to instruct them……their funerals cost them nothing, and no one starts law suite over their wills.
Voltaire
Britannia

Post by Britannia »

Hey Jules,

I think I might just be off my rocker, as indeed there's nothing wrong @30:57. It is probably a PL note for another recording which I forgot to erase. My apologies for that !
Section 7 is now OK. :thumbs:

I'll tell you tomorrow if you have improved with section 8, but I'm sure you have. :wink:

This is too bad for the misnomers, I guess I will have to check on the internet for more up to date material. But for now Abbott's work will do perfectly.
Sarah
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you guys!
Carolin
Britannia

Post by Britannia »

Hi again :D

I have just listened to chapter 8 !

Volume seems to be your main problem, Jules. You need to reduce it by 5dBs again, as we aim for 89~90dBs as a standard volume at LibriVox.

There is also a small stumble @4:58 : "to expose my country to ruin".

Additionally, there are two pop noises you can easily edit out @33:33:05 and @37:52:05.

Finally, Abbott takes two Ts, so you will need to change the name and ID3 tags of your recording to match this.

Apart from that, reading is great :thumbs:
Sarah
Jules8

Post by Jules8 »

:D Hi Britannia and Carolin?
I have just corrected Chapter 8 and theURL and time is:
Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/empireofrussia_08_abbott .mp3
42:04
Jules
Please note that the upload does not say it was renamed. Let me know if it arrived corrected.
Voltaire
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you jules!

the file was not renamed because your edited file had a stray space in the file name. i will edit this right away :)

edit: here it is: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/empireofrussia_08_abbott.mp3
Carolin
Britannia

Post by Britannia »

Hi Jules,

Thanks for making the edits :) ! Yet the volume of your file is still too loud; mp3gain indicates 94.2 dBs. Would you mind reducing it by 4 or 5dBs please ?
Sarah
Jules8

Post by Jules8 »

:oops: Hi Carolin;
Have redone Chapter 8 and have I hope corrected the volume as requested by Britannia.
The URL and time are the same.
Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/empireofrussia_08_abbott.mp3

Let me know if the volume is now OK.
Jules
PS: It seems to sound OK on my computer.
Voltaire
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you very much, jules :thumbs:
Carolin
Jules8

Post by Jules8 »

:D Hi Britannia and Carolin:
Have completed Chapter 9 and the URL and time is
Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/empireofrussia_09_abbott.mp3
41:08
I also noticed that after trying to lower the volume on Chapter 8, the chapter has still not been approved.
I have sent it twice the second time it did not mention the Upload was renamed. Did I miss something again.
Chapter 9 I have also lowered the volume. I hope it is acceptable.
Jules :oops:

Listening on my earphones I find that the volume seems OK to me.
Voltaire
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thanks a lot, jules!
Carolin
Britannia

Post by Britannia »

Chapter 8 has still the same volume as ever... I don't understand how this can be :?

I'm downloading chapter 9 and will PL it as soon as I possible.
Sarah
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hey jules, how did you decrease the volume?
if you select the entire track and click on effects > amplify, just "amplify" by -4. a negative value instead of a positive one will make the recording quieter instead of louder :)

please let me know if you need another explanation (im not very good at explaining stuff), or if you would like me to do it for you, thats no problem :)
Carolin