What are the theater people working on?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

I know we're a dramatic bunch here at LibriVox and probably a lot of us are involved in school, community, and even professional theater. I thought it might be nice to have a thread where we could talk about the shows we're currently working on.

I'll start: I spent 4-5 months of last year working on dramaturgy for Tom Stoppard's play Rock 'n' Roll which was put on by a community theater group here in the Cambridge area. Right now I'm working with the same group, doing dramaturgy again for their production of the musical Chess. We had the first read-through this past Sunday and I think it's going to be a great show.
catrose

Post by catrose »

My school are putting on a production of Little Shop of Horrors. I got Audrey (female lead). :D I would never have auditioned if it wasn't for LV (one of my teachers who had heard one of my recordings put me on the audition list, even though I don't study drama or performing arts anymore)

Thank you Librivox! :mrgreen:

Arielle: What's dramaturgy? Is it fun? :)
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
scout

Post by scout »

Content retracted.

Daniel
Last edited by scout on February 27th, 2015, 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
The quality of an audiobook of fiction may be defined by its technical quality, the author's
storytelling abilities, and the narrator's ability to capture the mood of the text.
— scout
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Scout, I don't find that link particularly helpful and it certainly doesn't answer the question 'is it fun?' If anyone's interested in what a dramaturg does, this site has some good information:

http://www.lmda.org/tags/what-dramaturgy

And yes, it is fun. :)
catrose

Post by catrose »

Thanks Arielle! :D
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

I take theater classes and do productions with a youth theater organization. Auditions for our next show are in March. And I recently appeared with the same group in a musical version of Tom Sawyer.
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

I have an audition on Monday for my community theatre's stage production of Les Mis. I'm so excited!! Hoping I'm good enough to make it into the ensemble... *fingers crossed*
~Elley

I've had a death in the family and won't be around Librivox much for the next while. I'll be back ... when I'm back. I appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. :)
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

ElleyKat wrote:I have an audition on Monday for my community theatre's stage production of Les Mis. I'm so excited!! Hoping I'm good enough to make it into the ensemble... *fingers crossed*
Good luck! Let us know if you make it in! (I bet you will. :) )
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

I'm currently in a play of Cyrano de Bergerac. I am one of the cadets and participate in several sword fights! :shock: Plus I helped with costume design. 8-) It's a lot of fun but I'm nervous because we're doing our first performance this weekend -- :wink: but I have a feeling it's going to be a wonderful show. :mrgreen:
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

SarahParshall wrote:I'm currently in a play of Cyrano de Bergerac. I am one of the cadets and participate in several sword fights! :shock: Plus I helped with costume design. 8-) It's a lot of fun but I'm nervous because we're doing our first performance this weekend -- :wink: but I have a feeling it's going to be a wonderful show. :mrgreen:
That's awesome!! Cyrano is my favorite play. :) Break a leg!! ;)
~Elley

I've had a death in the family and won't be around Librivox much for the next while. I'll be back ... when I'm back. I appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. :)
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

SarahParshall wrote:I'm currently in a play of Cyrano de Bergerac. I am one of the cadets and participate in several sword fights! :shock: Plus I helped with costume design. 8-) It's a lot of fun but I'm nervous because we're doing our first performance this weekend -- :wink: but I have a feeling it's going to be a wonderful show. :mrgreen:
That sounds like great fun! Good luck! :D
francesb

Post by francesb »

Well, currently I am in Sleeping Beauty as a fairy named Gwendolyn at a community theatre and I am going to be auditioning for Annie at the Atlanta Lyric Theatre which is professional theatre...wish me A LOT of luck!!
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

francesb wrote:Well, currently I am in Sleeping Beauty as a fairy named Gwendolyn at a community theatre and I am going to be auditioning for Annie at the Atlanta Lyric Theatre which is professional theatre...wish me A LOT of luck!!
GOOD LUCK FRANCES!!! (the caps are for A LOT) :D
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

I'm going to be directing a production of Measure for Measure with a local theater group in September. They haven't announced their season officially yet so I haven't put it on Facebook, but I figured it's fine to post here. :) I'm excited about it.
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

wildemoose wrote:I'm going to be directing a production of Measure for Measure with a local theater group in September. They haven't announced their season officially yet so I haven't put it on Facebook, but I figured it's fine to post here. :) I'm excited about it.
Congratulations, Arielle!!! That sounds like tremendous fun! I'd come see it, but the distance is a bit much...