Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks, Don!
Leni
=================
bropops4

Post by bropops4 »

Leni,I need to confirm where section 11 ends. It looks like the beginning of chapter 30 might be the start of a new section, but there's really no clear marker in the text. Am I correct in stopping at the end of 29?

All the best, Malone
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hi, Don

It goes up to XXXVI; after that, there are the footnotes. That's the end of the chapter. :)
Leni
=================
bropops4

Post by bropops4 »

okay Leni, I found the end of the chapter. You got to admit that's a healthy run. Anyway, I'm all set now. Best regards, Malone.
bropops4

Post by bropops4 »

Leni,here is section 11. 47:25

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/stonesofvenice2_11_ruskin.mp3

All the best, Malone
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks, Don! :D
Leni
=================
jollyrogered

Post by jollyrogered »

I just wanted to update everyone: I'm still about a month out from having reliable computer access and a quiet space to LV. I really thought this process would go quicker, but curve balls- life- etc.

Hope to see everyone in January. If you need to pass the PL'ship on to someone else I completely understand. I cant wait to hear the final project!

((Also cant wait to be out of the inlaws basement while the construction on our house is being finished, hehe))
duck... duck... ZOMBIE!
Alan Brown

Post by Alan Brown »

I would be happy to take section 3.
Thanks,
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Sure, thanks for claiming!
Leni
=================
Fannie

Post by Fannie »

Hello Leni, :)

May I claim section 04 - Chapter 03, Murano, part 2? Only, please, tell me what do I do with the references to the pictures. I suppose I mention them and let the listeners download the text to consult them, right? :hmm:
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hi, Fannie

Thanks for claiming! Yes, I think that's the best way. Sometimes it's possible to describe a picture or chart, but with Ruskin... I think the reader will have to click on the e-text link. :mrgreen:
Leni
=================
Fannie

Post by Fannie »

Hi Leni, :)

Thanks for assigning me the requested text. I would like to know, since I am new to the task, what I am to do with the plates and the footnotes. The latter, I suppose, I mingle with the main text in the order they appear. Of the former do I speak the descriptions as mentioned in the text, e.g., ".... which I have drawn of larger size in fig. 2, Plate V., that the reader may see how completely the surface is left undestroyed...." and let who may refer to the text verify my words or what? :help:

Looking forward to your reply

P.S. Sorry, I just noticed your reply about the pictures. So, please, instruct me about the footnotes at the end of the chapter.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hi, Fannie

Well, regarding footnotes, in general we read them where the reference to them appears in the main text, saying "footnote" and "end of footnote" before and after the footnote text. However, when the footnote is something that only makes sense in the written text, or just a bibliographical reference that won't add to the audiobook, you can feel free to skip it. You know, something like "cf. SMITH, 1892, p.10".

Happy recording! :D
Leni
=================
Fannie

Post by Fannie »

One more question about the footnotes, Leni. I just noticed the appendices refered to in footnotes 17 and 18 of my chapter. Do I, also, read them when I come to these footnotes? I think I should. What do you say? :?:
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Sure, they're not long at all, they're almost like footnotes in themselves.
Leni
=================