[GRP] My Favourite Fairy Tales, Capt. Edric Vredenberg - ks

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
FabulaeAudi
Posts: 1640
Joined: May 13th, 2011, 6:17 am
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Contact:

Post by FabulaeAudi » January 4th, 2013, 2:00 pm

Chapter 6 PL Notes:

First, I'd like to say you've done a good job on the editing, Anna! Hang in there, you have only 2 fixes left.

Sadly, the last little bit of the story is missing from the file. At 8:04 it sounds like your sentence is cut off in the middle and then there is silence until the end. If you have an older version of this recording (before editing) you can copy and past the last part of the story into this edited version. Does that make sense? Just ask Lynne or I if you need any help fixing this part.

If you could amplify it by 5 dB that would make the volume perfect. In Audacity go to Effect -> Amplify then move the slider to make the number say 5 dB then click OK.

:)

JenniferRutters
Posts: 15
Joined: December 28th, 2012, 9:47 pm

Post by JenniferRutters » January 4th, 2013, 2:53 pm

FabulaeAudi wrote:Chapter 8 - Hansel and Gretel is PL OK!!

I enjoyed listening to this story, Jennifer. Thank you.

:)
Thank you Abigail!

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20854
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 4th, 2013, 3:46 pm

FabulaeAudi wrote:Chapter 6 PL Notes:

First, I'd like to say you've done a good job on the editing, Anna! Hang in there, you have only 2 fixes left.

Sadly, the last little bit of the story is missing from the file. At 8:04 it sounds like your sentence is cut off in the middle and then there is silence until the end. If you have an older version of this recording (before editing) you can copy and past the last part of the story into this edited version. Does that make sense? Just ask Lynne or I if you need any help fixing this part.

If you could amplify it by 5 dB that would make the volume perfect. In Audacity go to Effect -> Amplify then move the slider to make the number say 5 dB then click OK.

:)
Thank you, Anna and Abigail. To save further frustration, I went ahead and did the edits and re-uploaded. But with the amplification, it came out at 92.2 so I reduced it a bit.
Lynne
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 13 sections remaining
King Mombo 9 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 22 sections remaining

FabulaeAudi
Posts: 1640
Joined: May 13th, 2011, 6:17 am
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Contact:

Post by FabulaeAudi » January 5th, 2013, 8:38 am

Chapter 6 is PL OK!!

Great job, Anna and Lynne.

:)

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20854
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 5th, 2013, 8:52 am

FabulaeAudi wrote:Chapter 6 is PL OK!!

Great job, Anna and Lynne.

:)

Great teamwork, Anna, Abigail and let's not forget Karen :thumbs:

Anna, it DOES get easier :wink:

Lynne
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 13 sections remaining
King Mombo 9 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 22 sections remaining

darkhorse21
Posts: 43
Joined: September 11th, 2012, 1:12 pm

Post by darkhorse21 » January 8th, 2013, 2:01 pm

Here is Chapter 11:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ks/favouritefairytales_11_vredenberg.mp3

11.8 min
10.9 mb


Sorry for the long wait!

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20854
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 8th, 2013, 3:00 pm

darkhorse21 wrote:Here is Chapter 11:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ks/favouritefairytales_11_vredenberg.mp3

11.8 min
10.9 mb


Sorry for the long wait!

Thank you. MW updated.
Is that 11:08 (11 minutes, 8 seconds)?

BTW, we do still have an available story :wink:

Lynne
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 13 sections remaining
King Mombo 9 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 22 sections remaining

darkhorse21
Posts: 43
Joined: September 11th, 2012, 1:12 pm

Post by darkhorse21 » January 8th, 2013, 3:38 pm

Yes, Lynne, that is 11:08, sorry I don't know why I typed it like that. And yes, I'd be happy to do the last story:)

Lilaread
Posts: 33
Joined: June 23rd, 2012, 12:54 pm

Post by Lilaread » January 8th, 2013, 3:50 pm

Here's my "first draft"! Hope it isn't too difficult to work with!

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ks/favoritefairytales_09_vredenburg.mp3

14min 38sec

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20854
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 8th, 2013, 3:59 pm

darkhorse21 wrote:Yes, Lynne, that is 11:08, sorry I don't know why I typed it like that. And yes, I'd be happy to do the last story:)
Thank you, and I have assigned section 7 to you :D
Lynne
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 13 sections remaining
King Mombo 9 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 22 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20854
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 8th, 2013, 4:00 pm

Lilaread wrote:Here's my "first draft"! Hope it isn't too difficult to work with!

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ks/favoritefairytales_09_vredenburg.mp3

14min 38sec

Thank you :clap:
I have updated the MW, and Abigail will take a listen soon and get back to you.

Lynne
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 13 sections remaining
King Mombo 9 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 22 sections remaining

FabulaeAudi
Posts: 1640
Joined: May 13th, 2011, 6:17 am
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Contact:

Post by FabulaeAudi » January 8th, 2013, 6:40 pm

Downloading :)

darkhorse21
Posts: 43
Joined: September 11th, 2012, 1:12 pm

Post by darkhorse21 » January 9th, 2013, 5:10 pm


Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 20854
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 9th, 2013, 5:25 pm

darkhorse21 wrote:Here is The White Fawn:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ks/favouritefairytales_07_vredenberg.mp3

20 mins 35 sec

Thank you. MW updated. :thumbs:
Lynne
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold by Ruth Putnam 13 sections remaining
King Mombo 9 sections remaining
Hinduism and Buddhism Vol. 3 22 sections remaining

FabulaeAudi
Posts: 1640
Joined: May 13th, 2011, 6:17 am
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Contact:

Post by FabulaeAudi » January 9th, 2013, 7:23 pm

Chapter 11 is PL OK!! This was a great story, and I really enjoyed. Thank you.

:)

Post Reply