May I introduce myself...

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Hello and Happy New Year!

My name is Greg Giordano and I live in New Port Richey, Florida (although I was born in Philadelphia, PA and raised in Southeastern Pennsylvania).

I have 30 plus years of drama and public speaking experience. I am 48 years old, married and have three wonderful children.

I love listening to audiobooks during long trips and commutes to and from work. I have listened to many books recorded by LibriVox volunteers and have long considered volunteering myself. It brings me joy that someone, perhaps the sight-impaired or disabled in particular, may have the world of the written word open to them through your efforts. I would be honored to become part of the team.

I look forward to learning more about LibriVox and eventually recording some good works of literature. I welcome any tips, ideas and thoughts you might have for someone who is new to this program.

Thank you. May everyone have a blessed New Year!

Greg
Last edited by GregGiordano on February 3rd, 2013, 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hi Greg
I have 30 plus years of drama and public speaking experience. I am 48 years old, married and have three wonderful children.
Wow, that's impressive :shock: Then you will surely have known much about recording, and possibly also editing as well as be aware of the fact that it can take some time to produce a good recording. That means that you're already aware of one potential problem.
I welcome any tips, ideas and thoughts you might have for someone who is new to this program.
Browsing forum and wiki is a good first step- it will help you learn a bit about how everything works here. Take a look at your "welcome" e-mail, it has lots of important info.

As for the "1 minute test" (a kind of soundcheck that we ask people to record before they claim their first section to read), one thing that new volunteers often don't know about is that, once you upload it, you should post a link to it in a separate thread in the Listeners Wanted subforum.

Have fun :mrgreen:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Thank you for your very kind reply. I shall follow your suggestions. I look forward to working with you and everyone else in what appears to be a wonderful community!