Thank you for section 39.

Katdad
wib66

Post by wib66 »

uncommon wrote:Katdad,

S 28

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/historyenglandvolume1c_28_hume.mp3

Duration 29:25 Db 88.2

Michele...nasty bit of violence around the middle of this section. Not as bad as some of those of the past, but Hume can paint some pretty terrible pictures with the restraint of his words.

brendan

Thanks for warning me always helpful to know :mrgreen:
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 36 is PL OK thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
NathanDickey

Post by NathanDickey »

lilybelladonna

Post by lilybelladonna »

Here's Section 38:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/historyenglandvolume1c_38_hume.mp3

Length: 26:24

I'm afraid I butchered the French pronunciation. >_< I wish the Scottish had chosen a different ally.

Oh, just as a head's up: There was a sentence late in the text which read: "The hostile attempts which the late king and protector had made against Scotland not being steady, regular, nor pushed to the last extremity, had served only to imitate the nation . . ." Since imitate doesn't make sense in this context, I looked for other sources. On page 19, second main paragraph, of this scan of the text

http://books.google.co.jp/books?id=n10TAAAAQAAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false

the word "irritate" is written instead of "imitate." As "irritate" makes perfect sense in the sentence, I used it instead. I hope I didn't err in this.
uncommon

Post by uncommon »

katdad

Post by katdad »

Nathan: Thank you for sections 22 and 23. Would you post the durations of each file?

Katdad
katdad

Post by katdad »

Lily: Thank you for section 38. Thank you for fixing those errors in the text. They are called scanos (a play on typos). The first thing I do when a word doesn't make sense is to look closely at the word; in this case you can see that imitate and irritate are the same if the scanner read the m for rr. In your previous section bed and had were scanos. If it appears to be a scano I just fix it. When you need to check the actual text is when a word doesn't seem right but you can't account for it with a scano.

Before I was a Librivox volunteer I volunteered for Distributed Proofers. Fixing scanos was primarily what we did.

Katdad
Rainbow

Post by Rainbow »

Here's Section 18 - 21:46

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/historyenglandvolume1c_18_hume.mp3

The other files are on their way. :)
lilybelladonna

Post by lilybelladonna »

katdad wrote:Lily: Thank you for section 38. Thank you for fixing those errors in the text. They are called scanos (a play on typos). The first thing I do when a word doesn't make sense is to look closely at the word; in this case you can see that imitate and irritate are the same if the scanner read the m for rr. In your previous section bed and had were scanos. If it appears to be a scano I just fix it. When you need to check the actual text is when a word doesn't seem right but you can't account for it with a scano.

Before I was a Librivox volunteer I volunteered for Distributed Proofers. Fixing scanos was primarily what we did.

Katdad
Nifty! Thanks for the explanation.
uncommon

Post by uncommon »

katdad

Post by katdad »

Robin: Thank you for section 18. I appreciate your quick response.

Katdad
katdad

Post by katdad »

Brendan: Thank you for section 30. Only three more sections to go.

Katdad
NathanDickey

Post by NathanDickey »

Section 22 - 23:49 in length

Section 23 - 22:59 in length