[COMPLETE] The Oresteia, by Aeschylus - PL/ce

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

lindawilcox wrote:I'm sorry but I have to pull out from the role of CLYTEMNESTRA. I'm working on a screenplay that's due on the Jan. 7 and I just can't find time for work on this wonder project. I'm extrememly sorry.
No problem, linda! Things come up. (As someone who just finished finals, I understand completely.)
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
Jazbees

Post by Jazbees »

Justin S Barrett
http://www.justinsbarrett.com/

Solo: The 116th Battalion in France | The Life of John Taylor
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle »

Hi,

I'd LOVE to participate in this project, but am having trouble deciding where to volunteer. Is there a time line for this project? I didn't notice one on the front page. I ask because I have a good chunk of Dante that gets priority, so I wouldn't be able to even start recording a part for a week or two.

Another reason I'm having trouble deciding is that I'm not sure where I'd best fit. I think I could do any one (or more if needed) of three things.

I could make a stab at the chant at the end of the Furies. (Have many years of choral experience, which includes Gregorian chants, so I've got a feel for how it COULD go.) I'm not sure what you had in mind for this bit, or if you alread have someone handling it.

Or I could be your third Fury. Again, with years of choral experience, I'm sure I'd be able to match my meter to what KayRay and Timderwolf have already done.

Or, if you're still looking for a Clytemnestra, I think I'd enjoy the part. Though as I said, I couldn't start recording for a couple of weeks at the earliest.

For a sample of my reading, I've got a part (not yet proofed, because t took me so long to get it in!) over at the Longfellow translation of Dante's Divine Comedy, section 13.

So, where, if anywhere, would you like to put me?

Christie
Christie Nowak
kristin

Post by kristin »

As I edit Cassandra (the new recording I did tonight because the last one was distorted cuz I was too loud) I realise it's quite over dramatic. Is this ok with you? I probably should have asked how you wanted it read before this. Well, I'll post it when I'm done and you can decide if it's too much. :roll:
kristin

Post by kristin »

Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

Xrystabelle wrote:Hi,

I'd LOVE to participate in this project, but am having trouble deciding where to volunteer. Is there a time line for this project? I didn't notice one on the front page. I ask because I have a good chunk of Dante that gets priority, so I wouldn't be able to even start recording a part for a week or two.

Another reason I'm having trouble deciding is that I'm not sure where I'd best fit. I think I could do any one (or more if needed) of three things.

I could make a stab at the chant at the end of the Furies. (Have many years of choral experience, which includes Gregorian chants, so I've got a feel for how it COULD go.) I'm not sure what you had in mind for this bit, or if you alread have someone handling it.

Or I could be your third Fury. Again, with years of choral experience, I'm sure I'd be able to match my meter to what KayRay and Timderwolf have already done.

Or, if you're still looking for a Clytemnestra, I think I'd enjoy the part. Though as I said, I couldn't start recording for a couple of weeks at the earliest.

For a sample of my reading, I've got a part (not yet proofed, because t took me so long to get it in!) over at the Longfellow translation of Dante's Divine Comedy, section 13.

So, where, if anywhere, would you like to put me?

Christie
Well, if you are willing to take on the role of Clytemnestra I'd love to give it to you. It's quite a hefty chunk, despite the fact that she doesn't survive the second play. If you want something a little smaller, I do still need a leader of the chorus of Athenian Women in The Libation-Bearers.

Whichever sounds more appealing to you, let me know and it's yours. :)
-- Jeffrey Rowland
Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle »

Thanks!

I'm definitely feeling more drawn to Clytemnestra, just the emotions tangled up with her (killing her husband for killing their daughter, killed by her son, etc.) So I'd love to give her a try.

I'm almost done with my final bit of Dante, and have one tiny part for Romeo and Juliet. Then it will be this and a solo project that I'm giving myself plenty of time to complete. I think that's do-able. Is there a deadline for this project?

Christie
Christie Nowak
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

Xrystabelle wrote:Thanks!

I'm definitely feeling more drawn to Clytemnestra, just the emotions tangled up with her (killing her husband for killing their daughter, killed by her son, etc.) So I'd love to give her a try.

I'm almost done with my final bit of Dante, and have one tiny part for Romeo and Juliet. Then it will be this and a solo project that I'm giving myself plenty of time to complete. I think that's do-able. Is there a deadline for this project?

Christie
No real deadline, especially since we haven't assigned all the parts yet. Just get to it whenever you can -- the sooner the better, but there's no rush at all.

Also, tell all your acting friends to sign up with us. ;)
-- Jeffrey Rowland
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Looking forward to hearing your reading!

-Catharine/Athena, who spent time telling the Furies to CALM DOWN already, but didn't interact much with Clytemnestra
timberwolfmage

Post by timberwolfmage »

ceastman wrote:-Catharine/Athena, who spent time telling the Furies to CALM DOWN already, but didn't interact much with Clytemnestra
*chuckles* We take a lot of convincing, since it's so much fun to run around hissing, "Blood! Red, clotted, gout by gout!" Like trying to put a three-year-old to sleep, huh?

/useless post
-- [url=http://www.trekandromeda.com][b]Rosalind Wills[/b][/url]
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

<laugh>

I was tempted while reading through The Furies to write a quick summary/modern translation of the thing.

From "CHORUS

Woe on you, younger gods! the ancient right
Ye have o'erridden, rent it from my hands." :

Chorus: Peeve! Whimper! Storm!

Athena: If you're nice and quiet, I'll give you a lovely garden, all your own.

Chorus: Peeve! Whimper! Storm! Papa loves us more than he loves you!

Athena (foot tapping): Now look, I could throw a lightning bolt at you - he gave me a copy of his key to the lightning bolt box. But I won't...

Chorus: Peeve! Whimper! Storm! Nyah! You don't know as much stuff as we do!

Athena: Yeah? Well, I know this: if you don't accept my offer, you'll spend the rest of your immortal lives wishing you had! Now calm down and come see the nice spot you'll have all for your very own.

-Catharine
timberwolfmage

Post by timberwolfmage »

*Gollum/Furies voice (GFV)*

Catharine mocksss usss. She must be desssstroyed. Bloooood. *hisssss*

:twisted:

I should stop spamming the thread...*hides*
-- [url=http://www.trekandromeda.com][b]Rosalind Wills[/b][/url]
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

Wow, I leave it alone for a couple days and suddenly everyone gets silly. :D you guys are weird.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

Catharine -

OK, so I was looking at the magic window for "Pygmalion" and I think I like how it's set up. Would you mind if I changed our magic window for this project to be listed by role rather than by act for now? That way also we can mark things as done for individual people, but for people who haven't submitted their files it won't show up as completed on their projects list.

If it's not okay, then that's fine, but it seemed like a good idea to me. :)

- Caet
-- Jeffrey Rowland