[COMPLETE] Amadis of Gaul, by Vasco Lobeira - le

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

That was fast! :) Thanks much! Our PLer should be around soon to give you feedback on both sections.
Leni
=================
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

Hello there!
Section 45 - Book 3 Chapter 16
duration - 20:08

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/amadis_45_lobeira.mp3
"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Desiderius Erasmus
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks yet again! :)
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Our PLer hasn't logged in since October 29th, so I am opening the position, in case anyone else is interested.
Leni
=================
jollyrogered

Post by jollyrogered »

Sorry about that Leni. I thought that I'd posted an update in all the threads, but I think I missed this one? I recently moved cross country. UNfortunately I'm still a month out from having reliable (and quiet) computer access to I can PL etc. Sorry about that, the process of building is taking much longer than assumed, and I'd hoped to be back by now.

I'll just have to listen once its all completed :)
duck... duck... ZOMBIE!
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Glad to hear about you and that everything is OK (as far as possible in such a huge change!). Thanks for letting me know!
Leni
=================
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hello! I'd love to pick up the PLing for this project :D

So, I'll download the files that need PLing and get on it!
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks, Rapunzelina! :)
Leni
=================
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

PL Notes!

Section 42: PL OK!

Section 44 and 45 I personally consider PL OK, but there are a couple of instances where the "Greek Knight" I heard as "green knight" so I thought I'd mention it to let the reader mlcui know. So it's up to you, mlcui ;) The instances are:
for Section 44, at 04:34 "The heart of the Greek Knight failed him,"
and for Section 45, at 00:23 "How the Greek Knight"
I personally think it's too minor a difference to be worth editing :mrgreen:

Fascinating reading!

On a side-note, I could suggest some noise-cleaning for future recordings. The background noise is not disturbing, but some noise-cleaning might improve the overall quality. That's more of a personal suggestion, if I'm allowed, so please don't feel you have to do it :D

======================================

Leni, another thing... I wanted to check the files in your uploader folder against those in the Magic Window (because it's a big list and wanted to make sure there are no other un-pled files), so in your uploader folder I found two files for Section 14, one having a 0 in the end. And what seemed strange to me was the difference in size (and also compared with the duration listed in the MW - 24:37). So I couldn't resist downloading to check it :oops:
Then I went through the thread and read that the 0 one is an unedited recording and that the other one is the final file. Quote from the reader on September 30th, 2010
marvellous wrote: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/amadis_14_lobeira.mp3

Here is the correct Section 14, Chapters 36 and 37.
Duration: 17"14
Size 15.iMb

ttfn
Anyway, making a short story long :mrgreen: the file I downloaded is indeed 17:14, but it cuts off abruptly before finishing the chapter. It cuts off around the end of p.200 "Coming near, he saw Lisuarte with the chain about his neck; and the-"

Would you like me to also download that 0 file, the unedited recording, and see if I can complete the chapter from there?
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hi, Rapunzelina

Yes, if you could do that, it would be great, thanks!
Leni
=================
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you! I have uploaded section 14, now at 21:52

{
File already exists: the original file has been renamed.
Upload successful. URL: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/amadis_14_lobeira.mp3
}
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks much, Rapunzelina!
Leni
=================
lezer

Post by lezer »

Rapunzelina wrote:PL Notes!

I personally consider PL OK, but there are a couple of instances where the "Greek Knight" I heard as "green knight" so I thought I'd mention it to let the reader mlcui know. So it's up to you, mlcui ;) The instances are:
for Section 44, at 04:34 "The heart of the Greek Knight failed him,"
and for Section 45, at 00:23 "How the Greek Knight"
I personally think it's too minor a difference to be worth editing :mrgreen:
Hi Rapunzelina,
It actually is the Green Knight, and not the Greek Knight. Amadis goes round doing deeds of heroism anonymously, only known to the people as "The Green Knight".
Anna
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

Anna
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

PL OK! :thumbs:
lezer wrote:Hi Rapunzelina,
It actually is the Green Knight, and not the Greek Knight. Amadis goes round doing deeds of heroism anonymously, only known to the people as "The Green Knight".
Anna
Thank you Anna! In those chapters (see title description of section 44) he is called the Greek Knight (maybe to give more contrast with the Romans?), but you are right, I hadn't thought of that; since he is also the Knight of the Green Sword, it's alright if it's heard Green instead of Greek ;)