IMPORTANT: LibriVox Planned Shutdown While We Move Servers

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I still get the "not found on this server" message when I try to go to Board Index. If I just hop from one subforum to another, it's OK, though.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Cori

Post by Cori »

You mean to this link? index.php ... I think that should be working okay now, so you might need to flush the cache of your browser.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

It was the cache thing. It's OK now. Thanks :thumbs:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Amazing what you see from a different computer. :oops:

But on another note - I'm not getting e-mail notifications on threads that I'm watching - like this one. I've checked my spam folder and didn't see anything getting diverted there.

MaryAnn
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

No email notifications are working yet. Painful, isn't it? I use them a LOT.
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

TriciaG wrote:No email notifications are working yet. Painful, isn't it? I use them a LOT.
Hmm, I'm receiving email notifications. In fact, that's how I knew LibriVox was working again, when I received a notification.

Considering my inbox is flooded with them right now, reminding me of all my LV duties, that would be a bit painful not to get them. :( Sorry for you Tricia.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Question: are you subscribed to a whole forum, or only to individual topics?
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

TriciaG wrote:Question: are you subscribed to a whole forum, or only to individual topics?
I am geting email notifications from every topic I've ever posted in (whenever anyone else posts in it). Are you getting those emails yet?

I am subscribed to a few whole forums but I don't always get the email notifications for them, even before the server change. I've never really figured out why...
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

No, I'm not getting any emails yet. I'll be patient. :)
dejanristic1983

Post by dejanristic1983 »

It sometimes happens friend. Do not worry about it. If I may say, it happened a hundred times since I have discovered this page. I have had problems downloading files. When I type www.librivox.org It tries to connect to the server and then there's a message saying that there is a problem loading page. Be happy. Dejan!
catrose

Post by catrose »

LV keeps going on and off. I get error messages saying something about a server overload (one phpBB general error "server overload" and lots if little error messages from my browser saying "website unresponsive. Either server overload or server is down for maintenance. Try a different link"
I know that there have been reports elsewhere of LV flickering, so has a solution been found yet or is the problem still uncertain?
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
Cori

Post by Cori »

We're still working out how to balance the new servers. I'm seeing the same. It's not a subtle hint to get recording/PLing, though you could take it as one anyway. :lol:

So, this isn't permanent ... just house-moving troubles. Our sys admin (Artom) is totally on it!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Cori

Post by Cori »

DON'T PANIC (again)

But to stabilise the forum (and website and wiki) we've had to take the catalogue search offline. If you go to that page now, it'll link you through to our page at the Internet Archive. Our collection is searchable and browsable from there.

We'll keep you posted about when we'll get the catalogue back. Just to confirm, we've not lost ANY data or projects. It's just our catalogue database is objecting to running search queries at the same time as ... well ... just about anything else. :roll: Working on it ...
Cori

Post by Cori »

Ha, well, that notice didn't last for long. The catalogue should all be back to normal now!

Almost everything is now working in our new home -- the only bit that isn't is that new blog posts & comments aren't showing up, nor are New Releases feeds on the home page ... and some CD covers are also hiding. We think all these come down to the same cause, and will be looking into this in the next day or two.

Forum email notifications should be back to 'normal', but note that 'normal' never meant 'reliable', so however they are now is as good as it gets for now! They're a handy extra, but please don't rely on them to work. It's not us, honest, it's the core forum software that's quirky.

Let us know if there's anything else that seems odd for you.