COMPLETE Curious Myths of the Middle Ages by Baring-Gould-ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

and thanks kajo for pl'ing so quickly :thumbs:

ricky, please let us know if you run into trouble with the edits!
Carolin
Rocit

Post by Rocit »

Here the Section 12 has arrived: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/curiousmythsofthemiddleages_12_baring-gould.mp3

There was some a passage of some language that I didn't quite know, but it looked similar to German, so I read it similar to German :-)
Also a Sanksrit word "çaçin", of which I didn't have a clue, so I improvised and read it like... "sashin" or smth like that... hope that's not much trouble...

And I'd certainly like to claim section 13 and 15, if possible? Because this turned out to be a magnificently interesting book, max worth reading.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you very much rocit. please remember to always also post the duration of the file (mm:ss) so that we have info for reference :)

ill sign you up for the next two!
Carolin
DJRickyV

Post by DJRickyV »

kajo wrote:Hi Ricky,

your are a natural. Section 3 is a fine recording, only one tiny detail needs a quick edit. The silence at the end is a little too short, for a recording longer than 30 minutes we need 10 seconds of silence. But besides from this, it is a very good recording. Thank you very much!

Greetings Kajo
Thank you for the vote of confidence. I've uploaded again to:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/curiousmythsofthemiddleages_03_baring-gould.mp3

(37:47)

I've done a short recording with too much silence and a long recording with too little. I think I should have the message by now! :-)

Easy enough to copy-paste 5 seconds of silence to make 10 seconds of silence. ;-)
“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few are to be chewed and digested.” - Francis Bacon
kajo

Post by kajo »

Hi Ricky, thank you very much for the corrected recording. Your section 3 is PL OK, now. :clap: Good job. Greetings Kajo
(D)PLer with all my heart: It is a PLeasure for me to listen to the spOKen words of LV readers (in dutch, english, german and latin).
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you ricky and kajo!
Carolin
kajo

Post by kajo »

Hi Lynne, sorry for my delay in PLing your sections. Both of them, section 4 and 5, are PL OK. :thumbs: Great job! Greetings Kajo
(D)PLer with all my heart: It is a PLeasure for me to listen to the spOKen words of LV readers (in dutch, english, german and latin).
kajo

Post by kajo »

Hi Rocit,
sorry for my delay in giving you feedback on your section 12. You had to deal with a lot of different and difficult words and mastered it pretty well. Great job! :clap:
There are some minor technical edits necessary but they can be fixed very easily.

The recording lacks the id3 tags for title, artist and album. You can have a look at the first post under number 8. to see how they are supposed to be for this project.

The overall volume (checked with MP3Gain) is 86,9 dBs and therefore close to the 89 we're aiming at, but because there is a big variation in the volume in parts of it, even from one word to another, it is too low. Because of variations in volume it wouldn't be possible to amplify the track as a whole but it is not that much work to amplify it in smaller segments. I “played” a little with my copy of it and reached a very nice result with an overall volume around 93 dBs. If you need some help or advice how to amplify, please, feel free to ask.

Greetings Kajo
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you kajo :thumbs:
Carolin
NathanDickey

Post by NathanDickey »

I'd be happy to wrap it all up with the remaining section 8.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you nathan :thumbs:
Carolin
Rocit

Post by Rocit »

kajp, thanks a lot for your notes on my recording! I've made all the corrections that you've mentioned and now the file's all ready for cataloguing: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/curiousmythsofthemiddleages_12_baring-gould.mp3

Thank you for your kind advice!!! :)
Rocit

Post by Rocit »

Another recording to follow - Section 13 "The mountain of Venus"
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/curiousmythsofthemiddleages_13_baring-gould.mp3 (19:55)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thanks a lot, rocit!
Carolin
Crazyivan777

Post by Crazyivan777 »

I'd like to sign up for section 2, if it's still available?