COMPLETE: Anne's House of Dreams by L.M. Montgomery - al

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Anne's House of Dreams (dramatic reading) by Lucy Maud Montgomery (1874 - 1942) .

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/annes-house-of-dreams-dramatic-reading-by-lucy-maud-montgomery/
In the next installment of the Anne series, newlyweds Anne and Gilbert move to the harbor town of Four Winds. There they meet new friends and experience joy as well as heartbreak. (Summary by wildemoose)
  1. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.
    Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  2. How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here

To find a role to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which role you'd like to read. Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  3. New to recording?

Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): PLEASE READ ONLY FROM GOOGLE DOCS LINKED IN MAGIC WINDOW.
  5. Please claim roles (the numbers in the first column below)! Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.

If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Please don't download files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

Submit one file per chapter.
  7. Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    [Role], read by [your name].

If you are reading narration, please include for each file:
    At the beginning: Chapter [#] of Anne's House of Dreams, by Lucy Maud Montgomery . This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

At the end: End of Chapter [#]. At the end of the play, add End of Anne's House of Dreams, by Lucy Maud Montgomery .

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:
    Save files as 128 kbps MP3 anneshouseofdreams_#_role_.mp3 (all lower-case), where # is the chapter number and 'role' is the name of your character.
    ID3 V2 tags: Not needed for individual parts.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: al - wildemoose
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
[/list]

Any questions? Please post below or PM me.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hello!! Since my previous part was not in this one, I waited to see what would remain in the pool.
May I claim "Charlotta the Fourth"? She is not the same, but her man might be, being a Tom and all :lol:
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Of course, thanks! :)
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Diana Barry reporting for duty! (It will be a little while till I get my lines recorded, though. My PLing is piling up.)
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

I don't wanna say this, but "Doctor Dave" please. :D
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

It was kind of inevitable, wasn't it? :mrgreen:
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

I'll go ahead and move this to Dramatic Works since we have a DPL and are nearly full...we just need a couple more gentlemen. :)
catrose

Post by catrose »

Arielle, would it be easier for you to have my voice credit on a different file, considering that Susan doesn't arrive until chapter 18? :D
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
catrose

Post by catrose »

Ok, I have the voice credit separate and labeled as 01 because you put the voice credits in the first chapter. If this doesn't make sense or is confusing, I'm happy to either add it to the beginning of either chapter 18 or the next chapter I record. :) (I didn't name it intro because then it wouldn't stay in order with the "numbers first to keep chapters together" system.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/al/anneshouseofdreams_01_susan.mp3
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/al/anneshouseofdreams_18_susan.mp3
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/al/anneshouseofdreams_19_susan.mp3

Admittedly, I should've waited for a reply, but it's midnight now, so I have to sleep and I'll never remember this in the morning ;)
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

It's fine the way you have it--but I'd prefer just having it in your first file, whatever that chapter happens to be. Makes things less confusing! :)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Mrs Jasper Bell:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/al/anneshouseofdreams_3_mrsjasperbell.mp3

I'm first to be done! I win!! :lol:

(And if I did it right, I think the link is in the MW too!)
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Thanks, Beth! Nice job on the MW link. :)
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Thanks, Elizabeth!
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »