Audacity Tutorials - Recording and Editing Audio

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
andersb23

Post by andersb23 »

Greetings,

I conduct training on audio editing and recording and have been recommending Audacity as a cost effective tool for basic recording.
As part of our training, we've created a series of free narrated Audacity Tutorials that you are welcome to use. There are tips on using the tools as well has how to record high quality audio, microphone selection, and more.

See details at GuidesandTutorials: http://www.guidesandtutorials.com

Audacity Tutorials: http://www.guidesandtutorials.com/audacity-tutorial.html

Cheers,
-- Ben
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Wow this is great. I just had a fellow volunteer asking for help using audacity! I can just send him here. :D
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Great, Ben, thank you!

I'll add the link to our wiki page on Audacity.

David
DSayers

Post by DSayers »

This is wonderful. I have been using GarageBand on my Mac just because I couldn't make Audacity work ... but as I work with university students and teachers who mostly use Windows, I cannot help them use Audacity.

I've started your Tutorial, and it appears to provide the orientation I need. Thanks to your organization for developing these, and to you for letting us know about them.

-denny
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

andersb23

Much as I would like to read, I am unable to due to a neurological complaint which causes slurred speech. I have already started prooflistening, but I would like to learn to edit.

I have not yet worked with audio or video recording software, but I would like to try it. Can you suggest which software would be most useful and cost effective? And, if not too much to ask, help me get started?

kmerline
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

kmerline Most of us here use audacity as its free. The tutorials here are pretty good but I find just doing it and listenening to your results is good if you have the time to fiddle with it. There is a short example of some editing in my sig line if you want to check it out.

What would be best would be to learn how to sound clean files but as audacity's noice cleaner totaly sucks, you would need some other program for that.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Esther
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Thank you, Esther. I will download Audacity, and after I have worked with it for a while, I will explore other possibilities. I'm sure I can find them by googling, and get some reviews.