(Complete) An Old-Fashioned Thanksgiving by L.M. Alcott-mb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
VictoriaBMartin

Post by VictoriaBMartin »

Hobbit wrote:
VictoriaBMartin wrote:Sign me up for a small/medium role wherever you'd like me! :)
Honestly, every role in this is quite small because it's such a small project. I'll put you down for Roxy (one of the seven-year-old twins) for the time being, but if you'd prefer something else you're welcome to whatever you like. :D
I see your point. Reading through the text, I think I'd like to claim Prue. She's less dramatic than Roxy but a fun character just the same. This is such a cute little story!

Thanks! :wink:
~A Friend, Victoria
Enjoy adventure, suspense, and romance? Claim a chapter in The Scarlet Pimpernel!
L.M. Montgomery fan? help read Rilla of Ingleside.
I will be on vacation from Oct. 10-19, and will have no access to the internet.
catrose

Post by catrose »

I'll take Rhody. (Looked at the text. Only one I can do in an American accent) I can't say her name though, (I guess it's pronounced Road-ee, but I literally can't say it. Could I just say "read by Charlotte Duckett" and the narrator reads out the name?)

Yep, I'm much more hassle than I'm worth!

Cat :D
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

VictoriaBMartin wrote:
Hobbit wrote:
VictoriaBMartin wrote:Sign me up for a small/medium role wherever you'd like me! :)
Honestly, every role in this is quite small because it's such a small project. I'll put you down for Roxy (one of the seven-year-old twins) for the time being, but if you'd prefer something else you're welcome to whatever you like. :D
I see your point. Reading through the text, I think I'd like to claim Prue. She's less dramatic than Roxy but a fun character just the same. This is such a cute little story!

Thanks! :wink:
Thank you, Victoria! I will switch your claim. :)
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

catrose wrote:I'll take Rhody. (Looked at the text. Only one I can do in an American accent) I can't say her name though, (I guess it's pronounced Road-ee, but I literally can't say it. Could I just say "read by Charlotte Duckett" and the narrator reads out the name?)

Yep, I'm much more hassle than I'm worth!

Cat :D
I'm putting you in the MW as Rhody. Her name is pronounced "Ro-dee" (rhymes with Jodie.) If you're sure you can't say it, I'll PM the narrator to say that part (once we have a narrator, that is.)
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
catrose

Post by catrose »

Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Oh, Cat's post made me remember, I've decided to DPL this myself. Can you put that in the MW, Maria? I'll take the ~ out of the subject line. Also, what's the ettiquett about reading for things you're PLing? I'm reading for several projects for which I'm also DPL. Do I need to advertise for a second listener for my sections in these projects?
catrose

Post by catrose »

Nope. You upload, and then PL though. Don't just assume you're PL OK. Also, you could ask the BC to do it if it's major and someone else work, but I don't think you'll need to since you're editing, so we know your tech specs are ok :wink:

P.S. You can assume you're PL OK in a drama project that you're editing, because you can just re-record any lines you miss easily! :)
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Rhody PL OK! Thanks Cat!
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hobbit wrote:Oh, Cat's post made me remember, I've decided to DPL this myself. Can you put that in the MW, Maria? I'll take the ~ out of the subject line. Also, what's the ettiquett about reading for things you're PLing? I'm reading for several projects for which I'm also DPL. Do I need to advertise for a second listener for my sections in these projects?
Nope. You upload, and then PL though. Don't just assume you're PL OK. Also, you could ask the BC to do it if it's major and someone else work, but I don't think you'll need to since you're editing, so we know your tech specs are ok :wink:

P.S. You can assume you're PL OK in a drama project that you're editing, because you can just re-record any lines you miss easily! :)
Actually, we don't usually want the reader to PL their own sections. It is normal to ask for someone else to PL the things you read in a project you are DPL'ing. :-)

I'll add you as DPL, Hobbit.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

m8b1 wrote:
Hobbit wrote:Oh, Cat's post made me remember, I've decided to DPL this myself. Can you put that in the MW, Maria? I'll take the ~ out of the subject line. Also, what's the ettiquett about reading for things you're PLing? I'm reading for several projects for which I'm also DPL. Do I need to advertise for a second listener for my sections in these projects?

Actually, we don't usually want the reader to PL their own sections. It is normal to ask for someone else to PL the things you read in a project you are DPL'ing. :-)

I'll add you as DPL, Hobbit.
Thanks, Maria. I'll advertise in Listeners Wanted for somebody to PL Tilly's lines, and also the final parts after I've done the editing.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Hobbit,

I could read the narrator if you would like. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
catrose

Post by catrose »

I'll PL Tilly's part! :)
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

m8b1 wrote:Hi Hobbit,

I could read the narrator if you would like. :-)
Great! Thanks! :D
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

catrose wrote:I'll PL Tilly's part! :)
Thank you! :D
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Moving over to Readers Wanted!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks