what do you do while you proof listen?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Have a shower, do the dishes, cook/bake, tidy up.
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

ezwa wrote:Have a shower
Still not as surprising as someone I know who listens to audiobooks while swimming :shock:
But pretty good nevertheless :wink:
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

Right now my summer vacation's stuffed with PLings and research proposals (I'm a psychology major, researches are a mountain pile), and I WRITE my proposal while PLing to save time. It got me some time though, when I actually wrote down into my methodology and review of related literature what I just heard from For Every Music Lover and "Rameau's Nephew".
April Gonzales :D
blog

Marie Antoinette & the Downfall of Royalty

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

The last time I pl-ed, I was doing my nails Image
:D
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Rapunzelina wrote:The last time I pl-ed, I was doing my nails Image
:D
Done that too! lol

Esther :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
webtv64

Post by webtv64 »

I work as a janitor! I have my cell phone at hand noting the mistakes.
Vince
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

I do all kinds of things, make cards, decorate borders for verses and poems to hang on my wall, play with my chinchilla, cat, degus, or rabbit, knit or crochet, ocasionally paint, sew, iron, clean, do laundry, draw, Do my nails. The posibilitys are endless!!!
~Tiffany
Britannia

Post by Britannia »

I'm quite found to listening to audiobooks while I do some sport (exercise bike, a bit of fitness and bodybuilding, etc.). So now I also PL while exercising.
Sarah
J_N

Post by J_N »

I need to keep busy with my hands or else my mind starts to wander and I don't hear a thing... :roll: so I tend to do crafts or DIY or cleaning/ironing... sometimes I play games on my phone :D
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
carolb

Post by carolb »

Call me old-fashioned but I open the recording in audacity and read along to the text on my laptop.
This is the best way for me to concentrate, but for standard pl I do not comment on odd changes of words if the context is not lost.

Carol Image
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

carolb wrote:Call me old-fashioned but I open the recording in audacity and read along to the text on my laptop.
This is the best way for me to concentrate, but for standard pl I do not comment on odd changes of words if the context is not lost.

Carol Image
No, I don't think that's old-fashioned. It's exactly what I do! :)
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
carolb

Post by carolb »

Aah, thank you Hobbit!

Carol :wink:
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

If I happen to own the book I do read along to, :D unfortunately I can not read on the Internet very long :(
~Tiffany
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

fiddlesticks wrote:If I happen to own the book I do read along to, :D unfortunately I can not read on the Internet very long :(
At the risk of sliding off-topic, I have trouble with a bright white background and black text so I download a version I can read in PDF and reverse the colours in my PDF viewer. Black background with a dull white text is much easier on my eyes.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just being a Devil's advocate
In a way - the idea of proof listening is to make sure people can listen and understand the reading - so it may be better not to read along with the text. So I wouldn't want people to think they had to :D
And my trouble with listening with it open in Audacity is I itch to cut out that thump and squash that plosive .... and the PLer should not change any files unless specifically asked to. So when I am PLing I try to remember I am Pling and take off any other hats I am wearing

Anne