Ig Nobel winner - could it be recorded for LV?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

I was reading today the list of Ig Nobel winners for 2012 (http://www.improbable.com/ig/winners/#ig2012) and fell in love with the Literature winner:
LITERATURE PRIZE: The US Government General Accountability Office, for issuing a report about reports about reports that recommends the preparation of a report about the report about reports about reports.

REFERENCE: "Actions Needed to Evaluate the Impact of Efforts to Estimate Costs of Reports and Studies," US Government General Accountability Office report GAO-12-480R, May 10, 2012.
:D

The report (about reports about...) is here: http://www.gao.gov/products/GAO-12-480R I was wondering how much fun it would be to record it for LV. :mrgreen:
Leni
=================
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

perhaps we could make a dramatic version :D . Though I suppose adding comments at the end would be against the rules , I was thinking "Huh" "could you say that again?" "Really ?"
"Thank goodness 21stC English is much easier to read than that wordy Victorian stuff" or my mother's favourite "Goodness me !" but there must be more.
I'm sure all American taxpayers are pleased that they have contributed to that report.

Anne
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

It is a US government publication, so fair game for LV. :) (I am laughing at Anne with the taxpayer comment)

But how it would be to actually record... hmm, let's have a look:
Based on the results of this evaluation, if DOD plans to continue the effort to estimate costs for selected reports and studies, the Secretary of Defense should modify the current guidance or otherwise take steps to improve DOD's cost estimating approach, including (1) clarifying those activities that should be included in the estimate as they are incurred, including time spent at every level to review and approve the report or study; (2) requiring that the language on the front cover of reports and studies make clear that the estimate is based on certain marginal manpower and nonlabor costs; (3) requiring that source documentation used to develop the cost estimate is retained and easily accessible for review purposes; and (4) establishing and implementing a verification process to provide reasonable assurance of consistency and completeness of cost inputs used to develop the cost estimate.
*thud*
[sound of head falling on desk, fast asleep]
Laurie Anne
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

We have an insommnia collection, right?

:mrgreen:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ExEmGe

Post by ExEmGe »

Surely it must be full of tables and graphs?
Tables showing the number of reports each report generates together with the number of reports each report on a report generates and graphs showing the cost of each report and sub-report compared with the US budget and the cost of EU report costs. I bet we (The EU) win. :hmm:
Regards
Andy Minter
jollyrogered

Post by jollyrogered »

Having had to work on reports about reports for both the Army and state governments, I think I just felt my soul shrivel up a bit.
duck... duck... ZOMBIE!