[COMPLETE] Simultan Krippenspiel von Hugo Ball - ava

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Simultan Krippenspiel (Concert bruitiste) by Hugo Ball (1886 - 1927) .
Dies ist ein ungewöhnliches dadaistisches Krippenspiel, wobei die Weihnachtsgeschichte fast nur mit Hilfe von Lauten und Geräuschen erzählt wird. Hugo Ball, ein deutscher Autor, gilt as einer der Begründer der Dada-Bewegung und Pionier der Lautgedichte. (Zusammenfassung von Availle)

This is a dadaistic Christmas play by Hugo Ball, where mainly sounds are used to convey the story.
This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
http://librivox.org/simultan-krippenspiel-by-hugo-ball/

1. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.
    Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  2. How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here

To find a role to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which role you'd like to read. Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  3. New to recording?

Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://gutenberg.spiegel.de/buch/4677/1
    I have translated the main part of the play into English, so you know which sounds are expected for the different roles: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ava/krippenspiel.pdf
  5. Please claim roles (the numbers in the first column below)! Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.

If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Please don't download files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

This is a one-act play with lots of sounds. Be creative in generating them! You may use your voice or props, anything goes, (except for canned sounds from somewhere else)! Many of the "voices" have several occurrences, so make sure to give me samples that are long enough or several samples so I can choose. Here is a staging of the play:
    http://karawa.net/content/ein-krippenspiel-bruitistisch-hugo-ball

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    Keywords that describe the book/play:
    Weihnachtsgeschichte; Dada; Krippenspiel; Religion;
  6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

Submit one file per act.
  7. Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    [Role], read by [your name].

If you are reading stage directions, please include for each file:
    At the beginning: Simultan Krippenspiel (Concert bruitiste), von Hugo Ball. Dies ist eine Librivox Aufnahme. Alle Librivox Aufnahmen sind lizenzfrei und in oeffentlichem Besitz. Fuer weitere Informationen und Hinweise zur Beteiligung an diesem Projekt, gibt es bei: Librivox PUNKT org.

At the end of the play, add Ende von Simultan Krippenspiel (Concert bruitiste) , von Hugo Ball .

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:
    Save files as 128 kbps MP3 krippenspiel_[role].mp3 (all lower-case).
    ID3 V2 tags: Not needed for individual parts.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: ava - Availle
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
[/list]

Any questions? Please post below or PM me.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Okay, I'm starting with the general Christmas frenzy... :wink:

This is a rather unusual Christmas play, it mainly uses sounds to convey the story. Hence, unless you wish to narrate, you don't need to speak German for this one!

I have included a link to a staging of the play, but feel free to ask if you have any questions.

This is going to be fun! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
catrose

Post by catrose »

:clap: Brilliant! :D I'll take whatever I can!
Cat :D
Last edited by catrose on September 26th, 2012, 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

If you need a real trumpet, we do have 4 people here who can get a sound out of one of those...

I could also do the lamb :D
And jeckertb could do Josef...

ETA: do let me know if I am being too eager here (but I am claiming for two, and have still to ask jeckertb).
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
J_N

Post by J_N »

Brilliant! I'll take whatever you give me... :mrgreen:

Actually, may I have the sheep? (and should I do the Lamm as well?) But I am up for almost anything :D
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Cat, you're up as Maria - and as DPL. Although I'm not sure how much there is to PL. And, besides - do you speak German? The narrator parts are in German... :wink:

Nadine, you're up for the trumpet parts, how could I resist that. :9: About the others, yes, you are too eager, and I don't really see you as a lamb anyway :mrgreen: I can reserve Josef for your little one - does he have a username already?

Julia, I think you'll be a great sheep/lamb. Please make sure that they sound distinctive! :lol: Seriously, just put as many baah's as you like in one single file, please.

Thanks everyone. I'm looking forward to the fun!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

Availle wrote:
Nadine, you're up for the trumpet parts, how could I resist that. :9: About the others, yes, you are too eager, and I don't really see you as a lamb anyway :mrgreen: I can reserve Josef for your little one - does he have a username already?
Can't see me as a lamb??? :(

Yes, he does, jeckertb. He just can't post in English.
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
catrose

Post by catrose »

Availle wrote: Although I'm not sure how much there is to PL. And, besides - do you speak German? The narrator parts are in German... :wink:
Speak it? Not very well. But I understand enough about the letters/sounds to be able to read along and say if something's missed! :)

P.S. The link to the translation doesn't work
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
catrose

Post by catrose »

Cat
charlotteduckett.com

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

And the most important part is finished :wink:

Thanks Cat, and also for the hint with the link - it should work now.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Karlsson

Post by Karlsson »

Hi Ava,

now that Cat doesn't want the narrator part - could I get it?

Bye,
Karlsson
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Ummm... I'm not sure if she wants it? :?:

Cat?
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
catrose

Post by catrose »

Umm, I didn't know I wanted either!
Take it Karlsson :D
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Karlsson it is, then. Although I'm still not sure how much there is to PL, :lol:

Umm.. Horst, you wouldn't want to help with the editing? :mrgreen:
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
Karlsson

Post by Karlsson »

Oh sorry, I understood "read along and say if something's missed" in that way that Cat only wanted to DPL... :oops:

Edit: Hey, the posts come faster than I can type :shock:

So thank you :)

Ava, I would love to help editing :D

Bye,
Horst Karlsson