'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Steampunk (James Christopher) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello and thank you to James Christopher for reading Nourse's "The Coffin Cure". The wife's nasally-cold voice was especially well-done. :)

Best, Dylan
The Coffin Cure
All of James' recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Heliothis (Tony Ashworth) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Librivox,

Please convey my thanks to Tony Ashworth for his wonderful reading of "The Manxman." it is a wonderful accomplishment and contribution.

Pam
The Manxman
All of Tony's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for mooseboy (Mooseboy Alfonzo) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello and thank you to Mooseboy Alfonzo for reading Nourse's "My Friend Bobby". Well-done!

Best, Dylan :)
My Friend Bobby
All of Mooseboy's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for AmethystA (Mary Anderson) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
THANK YOU MARY ANDERSON FOR THE EXCELLENT WAY OF READING MICHAEL O'HALLORAN

SINCERELY,
CYNTHIA
All of Mary's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Peter Why (Peter Yearsley) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello and thank you to Peter Yearsley for reading Nesbit's "Uncle Abraham's Romance".

Cheers,
Dylan :)
Uncle Abraham's romance
All of Peter's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Bead Krazy Dawn (Dawn Larsen) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you so much for recording this wonderful book. You did a fabulous job and brought every page alive.

Thanks so much,
Bonnie
Lynchburg, VA
That Affair Next Door
All of Dawn's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Rowen (Lizzie Driver) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Lizzie,

Thanks for reading Gulliver’s Travels for us
You made our trip from Strasbourg to Barcelona and back more interesting and entertaining.
A daring publication 300 years ago, and still relevant.

Kind regards,
Ulla
Gulliver's Travels
All of Lizzie's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for kayray (Kara Shallenberg) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ms Shallenberg,
Here is a big THANK YOU:) This is Borislava from Sofia, Bulgaria. I am an English teacher at high school. My colleagues and I love your reading. After finishing Jane Austen's work, I am currently reading Wodehouse for a change.

I wish you all the best and sincerely hope that I will listen to many more books read by you.

B.
All of Kara's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Gail Mattern (Gail Mattern) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I love Grace Livingston Hill, and have really enjoyed Gail Mattern's readings. I have nearly all the hardback books, but enjoy listening while driving.

Thank you!
~Caryn
All of Gail's recordings
Carolin
Steampunk

Post by Steampunk »

Carolin wrote:Praise for Steampunk (James Christopher) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello and thank you to James Christopher for reading Nourse's "The Coffin Cure". The wife's nasally-cold voice was especially well-done. :)

Best, Dylan
The Coffin Cure
All of James' recordings
I'm glad Dylan enjoyed it. Personally, I was never happy with the audio quality on that one. I recorded it while visiting my sister, where I was literally in the closet.

The stellar acting demonstrated while performing the wife's nasally-cold voice was courtesy of my sister's cats, Beelzebub and Lucifer (not their real names, but that's what I call them), and my allergies thereto. The things I do for my art... :wink:

Jim
There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise.
-- Gore Vidal

Post by Bead Krazy Dawn »

Thank you Bonnie for letting me know you enjoyed it. There are so many great readers here to pick from.

Dawn
You can't talk yourself out of what you behaved yourself into. Stephen Covey
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Jeannie (Jeannie) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello Jeannie,

Thank you for your magnificent recording of The Magnificent Ambersons. Your beautifully nuanced narration of Booth Tarkington's tragic tale of the fall of the house of Amberson and Georgie in particular a poignancy that I will not soon forget.

Best,

Harvey
Lexington, VA
The Magnificent Ambersons
All of Jeannie's recordings
Carolin
mom_of_nine

Post by mom_of_nine »

Thank you so much for your encouragement! I'm glad you enjoyed it! It was certainly a labor of love for me as the reader, for my husband as the editor, and for our wonderful proof listener and coordinator! Your thank you note comes at a good time as I am getting ready to start reading her memoires which are so insightful and encouraging. It is twenty-five chapters long, and it will be another labor of love to complete it, but my husband and I are excited to begin the challenge. I hope you will pass along the Stepping Heavenward link to your friends & family. The whole reason we recorded it was to help this wonderful book become readily available to our generation. Blessings! Theresa & Brett Downey

Carolin wrote:Praise for mom_of_nine (Theresa L. Downey) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I am listening to Stepping Heavenward which was written by Elizabeth Prentiss and is read by Theresa Downey. I have read the book twice and decided to listen to it because I had to make a long drive alone. Ms. Downing reads with such expression and obvious understanding that the book is far more enjoyable than when I read it myself. Often as I was listening I wondered if there was some way to thank her and encourage her to keep reading for Librivox. Today I went to your website and was delighted to find that just such an option exists.
Stepping Heavenward
All of Theresa's recordings
message forwarded to listener - ck
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Just a note to say that I so appreciate your contributions to Librivox. You are one of my favorite readers. I am diabetic and walk daily (hopefully) for exercise and thank you for keeping me company. I loved 'The Mainwaring Affair' and 'The StillWater Tragedy'. I searched, this morning, for more read by you and found 'The Sheridan Road Mystery'. It is downloading now.
Thanks and best wishes
Elaine

Elaine,

Thanks for your note. I'm glad that listening to my recordings helps make your daily walk more pleasant! I hope you are enjoying "The Sheridan Road Mystery." Here's a list that includes other similar books that I have recorded that you might also enjoy. :)

https://catalog.librivox.org/search_advanced.php?title=&author=&cat=Fiction&genre=mystery&status=all&type=Solo&language=&date=&reader=knotyouraveragejo&bc=&mc=&action=Search
Jo
Jeannie

Post by Jeannie »

Thank you so much, Harvey! It was a delight to read, and I had a lot of help from prooflisteners and a stellar MC keeping the project organized. I'm really delighted that you took the trouble to post me a thank-you. It means a lot to me.

Carolin wrote:Praise for Jeannie (Jeannie) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello Jeannie,

Thank you for your magnificent recording of The Magnificent Ambersons. Your beautifully nuanced narration of Booth Tarkington's tragic tale of the fall of the house of Amberson and Georgie in particular a poignancy that I will not soon forget.

Best,

Harvey
Lexington, VA
The Magnificent Ambersons
All of Jeannie's recordings