COMPLETE: Cocoa Break Collection Vol 02 by Various - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ratan

Post by ratan »

Dear Admin,

Please sign me up for THE JELLY-FISH TAKES A JOURNEY http://www.gutenberg.org/files/35853/35853-h/35853-h.htm#JELLY-FISH

Thank you.

--
Take care,
Ratan
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

BellonaTimes wrote:Jo, it's not letting me sign on as BC for some reason. I've been able to get on my other BC projects.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/jo/cbc02_lindabranca_eells_bt.mp3
13:53
Sorry about that. It's fixed now. I must have mistyped your username when I entered it into the database so you weren't entered as BC. :oops:
Jo
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

knotyouraveragejo wrote:
BellonaTimes wrote:Jo, it's not letting me sign on as BC for some reason. I've been able to get on my other BC projects.
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/jo/cbc02_lindabranca_eells_bt.mp3
13:53
Sorry about that. It's fixed now. I must have mistyped your username when I entered it into the database so you weren't entered as BC. :oops:
Thanks, Jo; MW updated with the other four responses. I'm limiting this to two stories per participant and have added that in red on the original post.
They call me Threadkiller.
My Catalog Page
rocknroll

Post by rocknroll »

Darvinia wrote:I was thinking of recording a story from your Canadian source but the author died in 1984 at the age of 106 (!) making it still under copyright in Canada. Bummer. :(
I am curious about this too, because if it's on Project Gutenberg, doesn't that mean it's in the PD? At least in the US?
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Yes, it's PD in the US because it was published before 1923. Therefore, it's ok to do for Librivox. My :( was because I'm in Canada and it's not PD for me, so I can't record it.

ETA: Singapore's copyright is life +70, so it's not PD there either.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
rocknroll

Post by rocknroll »

Ah, ok. Yeah, that is a bummer.
pkrantz

Post by pkrantz »

01 - The Story of Jason Squiff and Why He Had a Popcorn Hat, Popcorn Mittens and Popcorn Shoes is uploaded.
9:23
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/jo/cbc02_jasonsquiff_sandburg_pk.mp3
:) Pamela Krantz
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

MW updated.

rock and Darvinia: there are still plenty of other stories to record outside of Canada ;)
My Catalog Page
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Hehe, yep, I noticed that! :P I'm watching the thread and if/when my workload eases I might pick up one.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
BooBoo

Post by BooBoo »

Hi there,
I see sections 6 to 15 had no titles? I'm interested to grab at least a couple of sections, if poss.
yarnbeagle

Post by yarnbeagle »

Section 1 - PL OK!
Section 2 has a slight echo throughout it, not sure if there's anything that needs to be done about that.
Debbie
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

BooBoo wrote:Hi there,
I see sections 6 to 15 had no titles? I'm interested to grab at least a couple of sections, if poss.
I've added your name to the MW as a sort of anchor; you'll need to provide a story title or two. :)
My Catalog Page
Iridescat

Post by Iridescat »

Hello, I'm a newbie but I've done my 1-minute test so I guess I'm ready to get started. I would be interested in reading either or both of Childe Rowland, from the English Fairy Tales, or The Herd Boy and the Weaving Maiden, from the Chinese Fairy Book. The latter has a footnote at the end of the story; should that be included in the recording?

Iridescat
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

Iridescat wrote:Hello, I'm a newbie but I've done my 1-minute test so I guess I'm ready to get started. I would be interested in reading either or both of Childe Rowland, from the English Fairy Tales, or The Herd Boy and the Weaving Maiden, from the Chinese Fairy Book. The latter has a footnote at the end of the story; should that be included in the recording?

Iridescat
No, the footnote isn't necessary. Welcome aboard! 8-)
Entries added to the MW.
My Catalog Page
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

yarnbeagle wrote:Section 1 - PL OK!
Section 2 has a slight echo throughout it, not sure if there's anything that needs to be done about that.
MW updated; I'm not bothered by the echo, don't know how to fix it unless someone has a suggestion.
My Catalog Page