[Complete] Rilla of Ingleside by Lucy Maud Montgomery-mla

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
VictoriaBMartin

Post by VictoriaBMartin »

Rilla of Ingleside by Lucy Maud Montgomery (1874 - 1942) .

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/rilla-of-ingleside-version-2-by-lucy-maud-montgomery/
Rilla of Ingleside (1921) is the final book in the Anne of Green Gables series by Lucy Maud Montgomery, but was the sixth of the eight "Anne" novels she wrote. This book draws the focus back onto a single character, Anne and Gilbert's youngest daughter Bertha Marilla "Rilla" Blythe. It has a more serious tone, as it takes place during World War I and the three Blythe boys -- Jem, Walter, and Shirley -- along with Rilla's sweetheart Ken Ford, and playmates Jerry Meredith and Carl Meredith -- end up fighting in Europe with the Canadian Expeditionary Force. (Summary by Wikipedia)
  1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here
    To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you'd like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. New to recording?
    Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.
    Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  4. Where do I find the text?
    Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/3796
  5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)!
    If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  6. BEFORE recording:
    Please check the Recording Notes:
    http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:

Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  7. DURING recording:
    Please leave no more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of your recording!

Make sure you add this to the beginning and end of your recording:
    Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of Rilla of Ingleside. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      " Rilla of Ingleside , by Lucy Maud Montgomery . [Chapter]"

End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Rilla of Ingleside , by Lucy Maud Montgomery . "

Please leave 5 seconds silence at the end of your recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes!

Also, please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity (Mac/Win) has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.

Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    rillaofingleside_##_montgomery.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number. (e.g. rillaofingleside_01_montgomery.mp3)

ID3 V2 tags
    (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
    Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!

Title: ## - [Section title]
    Artist: Lucy Maud Montgomery
    Album: Rilla of Ingleside

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: mla- AmethystA
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below or PM me. :)
Last edited by VictoriaBMartin on September 22nd, 2012, 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
~A Friend, Victoria
Enjoy adventure, suspense, and romance? Claim a chapter in The Scarlet Pimpernel!
L.M. Montgomery fan? help read Rilla of Ingleside.
I will be on vacation from Oct. 10-19, and will have no access to the internet.
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

Wow, you are fast, Victoria! Let me Get oriented and hopefully I'll be back soon with your Magic Window! :-)

Unless I'm just missing it...what is your target date for this project to finish up? Could you please add What target date you want this finished by, please?

Great job filling out the template! :thumbs:
Bloom where you’re planted!
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

Ok Victoria,

So you're all set up for this project. If we have fast recorders, please know, I need to get my folder setup on the Uploader, but that should happen quickly. We'll hang out here a couple days or so to see if we get a DPL. It looks to me like you've BC-Ed before. If that's not the case, let me know and I can send you BC instructions.

If you can finish putting in the chapter titles in the Magic Window, that would help me when time comes to catalog this project. I've started you out with the 1st five. I'll pick out a chapter to read...

I look forward to working together with you on this project.

Mary
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

Unless you wanted to read chapter 1, I would love to read it. May I also request chapters 12 and 13, please?

Thanks
VictoriaBMartin

Great! I'll get the chapter titles and wordcounts into the MW ASAP! I'm afraid I'll be busy most of today...
I didn't know where to put the target date...could you point out where I should add it please?
Thanks so much! I also look forward to working with you. :)
~A Friend, Victoria
Enjoy adventure, suspense, and romance? Claim a chapter in The Scarlet Pimpernel!
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

My mistake, Victoria...

I was in error to ask you for a target date. We used to have target dates for group and solo projects. It was kindly pointed out to me that a target date is no longer necessary for group projects. Thanks for your patience with me...

:-)
VictoriaBMartin

No worries. I hope to get to the MW this afternoon...I should've looked forward a little before posting the project... :?
Thanks.
~A Friend, Victoria
aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi Mary and Victoria!

I'd love to DPL, if I may! :D
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
VictoriaBMartin

That'd be great! Thank you so much. :wink:
~A Friend, Victoria
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

That's great Elli,

I'll add you to the Magic Window and go ahead and move this project on over to the Readers Wanted. We're on our way. :-)
pithytheyounger

Post by pithytheyounger »

I'll put my hand up for chapters 2 and 16 (as a start) if they'er still available
Anne
MarianneVictoria

Post by MarianneVictoria »

Hello. I would like to volunteer to read Chapter 8 Rilla Decides.
I love the Anne of Green Gables series, so I'm looking forward to it :)
Thank you!
Marianne
JeanniHall

Post by JeanniHall »

I'd like to volunteer for chapters 3, 4, and 5 if they're not taken?

I love this whole series :)

Jeanni
Savvy0712

Post by Savvy0712 »

I would like to claim the last chapter, please. I might not submit for a few wks because I need to buy a new mic and still have to do my one minute test for LV.

Thanks!
Savannah :)
VictoriaBMartin

pithytheyounger wrote:I'll put my hand up for chapters 2 and 16 (as a start) if they'er still available
Anne
They are all yours, Anne! :)
~A Friend, Victoria