'Famous' People Who You Would Like to Record for Librivox

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

Obviously, it's not likely for anyone famous to come and record for Librivox, but lets say you could choose anyone to come and read for us - who would it be?

Mine would be Julian Ryder, a commentator for motogp. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wptI7jYlr9Q He's the one sitting down. I wonder if anyone has even heard of him :|

Oh, and Juliet Landau reading for Librivox in her 'Drusilla' accent would certainly make me happy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9EK1ipaxeo
catrose

Post by catrose »

Zoe Wanamaker! I've always loved her voice. Actually, once I confused her voice and Ruth's.

Or Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie (but only if they work together!)

Or Obama (or Boris Johnson, he'd love some of our more crazy projects)

:D
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

catrose wrote:Zoe Wanamaker! I've always loved her voice. Actually, once I confused her voice and Ruth's.

Or Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie (but only if they work together!)

Or Obama (or Boris Johnson, he'd love some of our more crazy projects)

:D
Boris is amazing :-P i love that the german guy in outnumbered thought he was a comedian ;-)
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Boris Karloff! I LOVE his reading of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

I would really love Tom Hanks to read Moby Dick or any Sherlock Holmes...
or Russell brand to read any John Kendrick Bangs.... :mrgreen:
April Gonzales :D
blog

Marie Antoinette & the Downfall of Royalty

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!
catrose

Post by catrose »

I second Russel Brand! :lol:

Oh, and might I add, Bozza for Prime Minister! :D
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
aidanbrack

Post by aidanbrack »

Right now I'm on a bit of a Jared Harris kick so I'd definitely love to hear an audiobook read by him. For those who don't know him by name, he was Lane in Mad Men, Moriarty in the most recent Sherlock Holmes movie and played a memorable recurring villain on Fringe. He's also incidentally Richard Harris' son and has a gloriously rich baritone of a voice with posh overtones.

So yes - it would be Harris. And if we're playing the fantasy match-up game, let's give him either Dorothy L Sayers' Strong Poison or Tom Brown's Schooldays. I think he'd make an excellent Lord Peter and could capture the richness of the eighteen century public school banter and really bring school bully Flashman to life in the latter. :)
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Oh, Julie Andrews too, for me! Especially for anything that involved singing. :D
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
dii

Post by dii »

Michael Caine! :9:
Diana
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

Hobbit wrote:Oh, Julie Andrews too, for me! Especially for anything that involved singing. :D
Yes! Except she can't really sing anymore. Although I guess since her reading for Librivox would only happen in a perfect world, then she counts :wink:
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

ashleighjane wrote:I wonder if anyone has even heard of him :|
No I have not heard of him; I have heard him! I'm a moto gp fan/follower. (and sbk, and f1) :D

Once I listened to a ghost story narrated by Christopher Lee. Unforgettable!
ashleighjane

Post by ashleighjane »

Rapunzelina wrote:
ashleighjane wrote:I wonder if anyone has even heard of him :|
No I have not heard of him; I have heard him! I'm a moto gp fan/follower. (and sbk, and f1) :D

Once I listened to a ghost story narrated by Christopher Lee. Unforgettable!
I dont follow the motogp, but my dad does. Actually i tjink i can hear julian on the tv downstairs right now. :-P
BellonaTimes

Post by BellonaTimes »

Glenn Close needs to record some Mary Wilkins Freeman.
Alfre Woodard -- stories by Edna Ferber.
Judith Ivey -- Alice Dunbar-Nelson and Grace E King
William Hurt -- Ambrose Bierce
They call me Threadkiller.
My Catalog Page
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

James Earl Jones, of course.
Laurie Anne
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

chocoholic wrote:James Earl Jones, of course.
Ooh, yes!