Hello from Ottawa, Illinois, USA!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
joycitalindadee

Post by joycitalindadee »

Hi! My name is Joy Ortiz, and I am proud to become a member of your community under the username joycitalindadee. I am a dental technician who works at a lab workbench 8 or 9 hours a day. I listen to audiobooks while I work, and a good story makes the mundane workday into a pleasure. I had heard of Librivox from a friend, but I did not start using it until I downloaded the Free Music app on my iPhone. There is a link to the Librivox catalogue on the app, and it was so easy to use that I began at once. I was delighted to find so many of my favorite books already recorded!  I have already made my way through most of Louisa May Alcott's works, and I have lately been listening to L M Montgomery's Anne of Green Gables series. Sadly, two of the books have not yet been recorded. This motivated me to volunteer and see that they make it into the library. The admins said the books may not be in the public domain yet, but if they ever are, I want to help record them. Again, thank you for the opportunity to join this community. It is an honor. :0)

Sincerely,

Joy Ortiz
Ottawa, Illinois, USA
VictoriaBMartin

Post by VictoriaBMartin »

Welcome to Librivox, Joy! We're glad to have you here. I hope you enjoy yourself. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. There are lots of helpful volunteers. Here is a link to some videos to help you get started: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=39890

Have a nice day!
~A Friend, Victoria
Enjoy adventure, suspense, and romance? Claim a chapter in The Scarlet Pimpernel!
L.M. Montgomery fan? help read Rilla of Ingleside.
I will be on vacation from Oct. 10-19, and will have no access to the internet.
eggy78

Post by eggy78 »

Hi Joy! I'm also very new here but I wanted to reply to your message because 1) You're in vaguely the same part of the world as I am and 2) I have a couple friends who are avid skydivers and go to Ottawa, IL every couple weeks or so from Kansas City. I think it's pretty unlikely that you would have run into them, but I thought it was an interesting little connection. Have a great evening and happy LVing!
Tyler
vbjslp

Post by vbjslp »

Hi Joy.
I am from your neighborhood as well. I live on the south side. Welcome to LV. If you need any help, lots of friendly folks here. I am back here at LV after a short absence. Hope to see you around the forums.
Veronica